Help needed want to hire a GTR or Mustang for weekend?

stanski

Hi folks

I wonder if you can offer some advice?

Lucy (my other half and petrol head) organised a cool surprise birthday party for me last week, which was great.

I want to thank her with a surprise weekend somewhere but she gets to drive a GTR or Mustang (new one). Yes I know its chalk and cheese between those but its the surprise factor?

I did a bit of web surfing and there are a few companies but they seem to be mostly London/south based and well £895 for a GTR for 1 day plus £1000 deposit!! So maybe have to adjust that plan?

I would hope you can rent a mustang from ford but their website seems to do it for everything but the Mustang?

Any ideas or advice greatly received.

Thanks

Thanks I am Manchester based.

Think I saw that one too yes £255 is better than the other?

When I went on the Hertz site it didnt seem to offer it for me? Maybe phone browser issue? Will check it from my lappy instead?

Thanks and yes £895 per day?!!! Surely a lease plan must be cheaper?

WTkoPFr.png

1 day hire for the other one (dreamcarhire) is £345 per day, it's only £255 per day if renting for 8-14 days.

There's loads of options though if you just search "GTR hire" in Google and set the country to UK.

Edited by Strudul

Guess what! £255 per day but minimum 3 days over a weekend ..... Wait for it...

£1710!!!! Pick up 08:00 drop off 18:00 hr monday!

I think the mustang is looking a better option!

Hi Stan,

Hope you and Lucy are well.

What would happen up here in Scotland is that the wide boys would arrange a 24 hour test drive with there local Ford distributor.

I am sure that you and Lucy could convince them that you are respectable potential customers.

Also if you are lucky then they may even allow you the test on their insurance. ;)

Good luck mate and belated happy birthday wishes.

Alex. :)