Didn't realise Adrian Flux hired a new comedy relief team!

colesl4w

I thought the general trend was for insurance to be higher this year than last?

My last renewal with AF was ~£50 more expensive, but I added £1k onto the guaranteed value.

Guaranteed value? So they've been out and valued the car and agreed the value of it? Otherwise it makes no difference if you value it at £10k or £100k, they'll still only pay out market value :)

https://www.fluxdire...s/agreed-value/

What is Agreed Value?

We can offer an Agreed Value on almost any vehicle, not just classic, collectable or modified examples. Depending on the vehicle's condition, the listed market value may not reflect the true value that could be reached if you were to sell the vehicle.

Whether you chose a policy with an optional Agreed Value, or buy our additional Agreed Value Insurance policy to run alongside your motor insurance policy, any offer in the event of a total loss will be based on the Agreed Value, rather than the current market price.

You will be required to supply several photographs along with receipts of parts and labour costs for the work that has been carried out on your vehicle.Upon receipt of your valuation application, we will review the information that you have supplied. If agreeable we will then issue you with your Agreed Value.

:thumbs:

Edited by Randy_Baton

Insurance has gone bazonkers.

I had to buy a daily runner today as my Focus ST is fubar. So I got a little Clio 1.5 DCi. Cheapest quote I got was 720 quid. For a cheap, slow car.

I was insuring my Z for 500 quid when I first got it!

Insurance has gone bazonkers.

I had to buy a daily runner today as my Focus ST is fubar. So I got a little Clio 1.5 DCi. Cheapest quote I got was 720 quid. For a cheap, slow car.

I was insuring my Z for 500 quid when I first got it!

Wow I'm 26 with an accord 2.3 daily insured full comp for £370ish with Aviva