Didn't realise Adrian Flux hired a new comedy relief team!

colesl4w

Just got my insurance renewal quote this evening. Absolutely burst out laughing.

£150 increase for being a loyal customer and having no claims and living in a very low crime area. Also told in my letter that the money will be taken from my debit card a 'few days' before renewal.

Genuinely have not laughed so hard in ages. So now I'm expected to do this typical stupid song and dance where I call another rival company, they give me a great quote, and then you offer to match it, and the only reason I stay is because I can't be bothered filling out the new insurer's forms. How about you show some respect to loyal customers and don't try to take the absolute mick out of them? Not sure if I can be bothered with the hassle of doing the dance with Flux this year. May just go elsewhere.

Just go elsewhere if you're not happy with your insurer. ;)

Honestly it's not as difficult to swap nowadays especially if you save your details on comparison websites like "Go Compare" for example.

I was very satisfied with the cover Adrian Flux provided me on my supercharged 350Z and I'd highly recommend giving them a try to anyone especially if you've a modified car but when I changed cars (to a lesser car ~ the FN2) they came in too high & couldn't offer me a better deal unfortunately.

If there was some loyalty reduction bonus with insurance companies then I'd probably never change but every year it goes up and every year I hunt around, ....ultimately changing companies every year just for the best like for like deal.

I am with Adrian Flux and they smashed the quotes other providers were offering, even when I challenged my current provider.

It is part and parcel nowadays, think about it, if insurers just offered their absolute best deals they would ultimately be out of pocket - with the renewals some people just stay with it regardless of the increases. And lets face it, as consumers, insurance is hardly a place we would be 'loyal' - its not that sort of industry, people in general want the best deal - which is ultimately why as an insurance company I would imagine they have the business model they do.

I got a larger premium quote than last year from AF. Had a shop around and Chris Knott offered a better deal, between the two AI got a better deal and better coverage.

Every provider tries it on, mate, it's just a case of playing the game 😀

I was a loyal AF customer for years, insured my 350 with them for £500ish and then my Audi A5 for about £600ish, I was a happy customer.

Then I got the Nismo and asked them to swap over from the Audi. The best they could do... the best... was a laughable £1500! Neither myself nor AF could explain why. None of my circumstances had changed.

Anyway, jumped on a comparison site and bam the first quote was cheaper than the Audi so I obviously moved.

It just seems that jumping insurers will always save you money.

Totally understand this is an insurance-wide thing, and they all do it. However just because its normal doesn't mean it's right or sensible. I think it's beneficial to make grievances about things like this, rather than allowing companies to just normalise it. Instead of getting a very substantial amount of money from me, they've decided to try to fleece me out of a relatively small amount more and will ultimately get none, most likely. Strange system.

Edited by colesl4w

Not really - you go, but then they bring someone else in instead. Either all insurance companies all offer the lowest rates and everyone stays with them. Or they do as they do and some stay and pay more, the others switch and pay the lowest rate. Its makes complete sense as far as I can see. There is a phrase in business negotiations termed 'race to the bottom' and its well known any business, or industry, that goes that way ultimately means bad news for all involved from a business perspective.

All that said, its a pain in the backside - the fact that lots of companies deliberately withhold the ability to do it all online so make you call so that you simply repeat exactly what you sent on the email is mind numbing.

I had a 25% increase come through from AF last week. Up to £410 with all mods declared from £320

I phoned them up and 5 mins later they held the price from last year.

I cant get anywhere near it from anyone else.

Just got my insurance renewal quote this evening. Absolutely burst out laughing.

£150 increase for being a loyal customer and having no claims and living in a very low crime area. Also told in my letter that the money will be taken from my debit card a 'few days' before renewal.

Genuinely have not laughed so hard in ages. So now I'm expected to do this typical stupid song and dance where I call another rival company, they give me a great quote, and then you offer to match it, and the only reason I stay is because I can't be bothered filling out the new insurer's forms. How about you show some respect to loyal customers and don't try to take the absolute mick out of them? Not sure if I can be bothered with the hassle of doing the dance with Flux this year. May just go elsewhere.

They did this with me. Except they sent the renewal to the wrong email address by which point they'd already taken 300 and odd out of my account. I called them and told them to cancel it as it'd gone up 600 quid on last year anyway, to which they said I'd have to pay 130 quid to cancel as it'd gone past some deadline by the time I recieve the paperwork which was what first brought my attention to it.

They've since sent my case to Insurance Collections Beuro. As I don't really want to pay a debt to an insurance policy I never asked for. Also, the debit card they took the payment off wasn't even the one I used to pay it last year. They'd actually gone back to the year before that when they couldn't take a payment from the card I used with them more recently. Which strikes me as very unprofessional.

A. Flux have definitely gone down hill to say the least.

Edited by TT350

Aye with TT350s issue, clearly an administration problem but AF could have handled the outcome better. That said plenty of other companies that balls things up as well (SKY for instance were awful at ringing me back but could have been a one off couple of days where they were busy). The funny thing is you see it every year, someone gets a higher quote, goes somewhere else, its much cheaper and that new insurer is heaped praise on whilst the old one is lambasted. Then, one year on, same thing happens and the wonderful insurer of last year is now a terrible insurer and the next insurer is a life saver, skip forward another year and...

I've just gone thru a similar experience with af not all there fault tbf. I was hit at some lights in my work beater (focus) in September, didn't go out thru insurance he accepted liability , paid me out etc . Renewal for z was 1260 ish, 44 yes old ,10 years plus NC's and the focus was 680 ish . Turns out they had me at fault , took 2 weeks of hoops to get this sorted by which time my insurance lapsed so took gap out till it was fixed. 56 quid for a week . Af quoted me 460 on z so had it ,but ended up leaving on the focus as they just couldn't get close to comparison sites ended up with 1st central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye with TT350s issue, clearly an administration problem but AF could have handled the outcome better. That said plenty of other companies that balls things up as well (SKY for instance were awful at ringing me back but could have been a one off couple of days where they were busy). The funny thing is you see it every year, someone gets a higher quote, goes somewhere else, its much cheaper and that new insurer is heaped praise on whilst the old one is lambasted. Then, one year on, same thing happens and the wonderful insurer of last year is now a terrible insurer and the next insurer is a life saver, skip forward another year and...

I had a great experience with Sky insurance but they wouldn't quote me this time round.

AF are a broker, nothing they can do if their insurers list considers you a higher risk and wants to charge more.

You and I both know thats rubbish :lol:

All brokers or insurance companies will give you a higher quote than what they can in the hope you don't challenge it. I have never heard of a renewal quote being the best they can do, every single time they will beat it.

Mine was this year :p

Genuinely too, not just saying that to be an arse. I did the usual thing of saying "Ah okay, I'll get back to you" after they said they couldn't go any lower, then rang around many a company only to find out that the renewal was the lowest price after all, so had to go back and pay it anyway :lol:

I think its mainly down to what underwriters the insurance company deals with, and what mark ups they apply on top, i was with Flux for my Civic and then they tried to apply a silly increase so when elsewhere and got the wife added as a learner as well for less then Flux wanted,

But come the time to insure my bike and Flux where by far the cheapest!