4-6 August SXOC Weekender Rockingham - OPL Trackday, Drift Circuit, Food + Entertainment at Rockingham

docwra

Hello all :)

As you may know, I was the Chairman of the 200SX Owners Club until quite recently and as part of this have a hand in organising our annual "weekender" event. This is now number 8, where we hire a circuit for the weekend, drive round it a bit and then get quite drunk and have a party :band:

This year we are returning to Rockingham - we had a very successful event there a couple of years ago and have added to the fun by securing the BDC drift circuit layout that can be used at the same time as the International Super Sportscar Circuit, its also possible we will reverse layouts in afternoon to keep things mixed up a bit :)

Full details can be found here: http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?590884-The-2017-SXOC-Weekender-4-6-August-Track-and-Drift!!! but the main reasons to come are:

All people welcome - we had a few 350Z members come to our Anglesey Weekender and I think they all escaped with their lives ...... :lol:

All cars welcome - very few of the SXOC actually own SX's now so expect everything from a Smart Car to a Murcielago, a turbocharged Triumph Dolomite to a 1bhp per kilo Westfield out there, I can confirm that we are expecting some very high level and well known drift racers as well.

Food, drink, party all included - Rockinghams own caterers are laying on the food and the legendary SXOC support Van will be in full effect complete with disco, bar and dancing girls*

Immaculate on track behaviour - so many people I know (including my wife) had their first track experience at an SXOC day, Ive yet to see anyone acting the prat or any dangerous antics go on, theres a lot of respect out there.

Less than immaculate off track behaviour - Dad dancing, falling over repeatedly, semi (sometimes full) nudity, casual racism towards other members of the Union, burning things etc. are all to be expected

The best bit though? ITS CHEAP.

OPL trackday, food (Friday night, Sat all day and Sunday), entertainment and camping will be £202.

For reference there is a OPL trackday @ Rocky (no camping, no food, no dancing girls) for £215 on 03/08 (a Thursday!!), this goes up to £225 in September.

We also have tickets on offer for spectators and additional drivers, see thread for more details and dont hesitate to ask me if youd like any further information. See you there hopefully :)

* We are unable guarantee the quality or professionalism of said dancing girls ;)

• Like 2

The stupid thing is that the uptake is the same every year, pretty slow until about a week before when everyone decides they want to come. When a drift day using the same circuit sold out in less than an hour the other day and weekdays either aide are more expensive I dont get it ........

The sad thing is that if we knew we would get takeup we could do 2-3 of these a year, we have the people, the equipment and the logistic support but cant afford to take a bath if we fall short of break even :(

The stupid thing is that the uptake is the same every year, pretty slow until about a week before when everyone decides they want to come. When a drift day using the same circuit sold out in less than an hour the other day and weekdays either aide are more expensive I dont get it ........

The sad thing is that if we knew we would get takeup we could do 2-3 of these a year, we have the people, the equipment and the logistic support but cant afford to take a bath if we fall short of break even :(

i understand both side of the story but for like me £202 for an outer paddock day is alot considering matsuri outer paddock was only £99

i understand both side of the story but for like me £202 for an outer paddock day is alot considering matsuri outer paddock was only £99

But you get a free trackday thrown in as well, its mega bargainous!! :lol:

Being able to drift your streetcar or track your driftcar isnt an opportunity that comes up too often ........ ;)

• Like 1

Very interested in this...

what kind of average turn out do you get at these weekenders??

how many people are booked so far???

Also how many tracktime spaces are there??

Sorry for all the questions

ok so the food is at an extra cost I take? what kind of food and prices we will be expecting?

Food is included in the price, theres dinner on Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and at least breakfast on Sunday.

Unlikely to be smoked kippers and gravadlax but certainly bacon butties for breakfast, Ill see if I can get info on other meals but there was a decent selection last time we did it.

Very interested in this...

what kind of average turn out do you get at these weekenders??

how many people are booked so far???

Also how many tracktime spaces are there??

Sorry for all the questions

Questions are all welcome, the more the merrier :)

We usually see about 150 people in total with about 70-75 focusing on track and 30 odd drifting - I dont remember there ever being a queue on previous events so your car will dictate how much time on track you do, not the queue. There will also be instructors on hand if people are inerested, always recommended :)

We are a bit over half full atm but are waiting on a few group bookings - while I doubt it will sell out it would be good to get people booked sooner rather than later :)

Just a thought, but wouldn't it make more sense to pay £20 for SXOC membership and then pay the £182 member price instead of the £202 non-member price?

Cost of the event is £20 less, so you instantly get your moneys worth, but it means you also get the other benefits (discounts etc).

Edited by Strudul

Youll need to book directly using the details on SXOC, but if you want to run a list up on here then go for it :)

ETA there is electrical hookup as well, and proper toilets, showers etc too. Food is (other then breakfast) is served from the Rockingham canteen, last year we had a hog roast on the Saturday night :)

Edited by docwra

That's my birthday weekend ....... my son (ShaunRS) and me are up for this, just need to clear it with the other half's docwra. I'll check out the link to it and get back to you asap.

Edit: Just checked the decibel limits, that'll be my Zed out :shrug: , but Shaun will be fine in his RS, so will look at the additional driver options package with camping.

Edited by Irn Bru

docwra, are my sums right ??..... It will cost Shaun and I £333.40 for both of us to camp and for Shaun's RS on the track with me as a 2nd driver of a shared car ( if he let's me lol).

Also, I don't do paypal, is it feasible for me to bank transfer the money to you and you make the paypal payment on my behalf ?.

Thanks

docwra, are my sums right ??..... It will cost Shaun and I £333.40 for both of us to camp and for Shaun's RS on the track with me as a 2nd driver of a shared car ( if he let's me lol).

The guest price on the SXOC site (£208.40) conflicts with the one in the OP (£202).

If you go with my method in post #13 or use the price from the OP, it would be £327. :thumbs:

Bank transfer is fine (Im the treasurer!), difference in prices may be due to Paypal fees but go with what the SXOC post says rather than my old bollocks :thumbs:

Sound mate, thanks. I'll check with the missus and Shaun and get back to you asap :thumbs:

• Like 2

Sounds like a really good weekend and would look forward to getting the RS out on the track, still think you should take the zed too, easy enough for Davie to change the cats over.

Aye your right Dude, will probably do that tbh........still gona blag a shot of the RS though

• Like 1

Sounds like a really good weekend and would look forward to getting the RS out on the track, still think you should take the zed too, easy enough for Davie to change the cats over.

Aye your right Dude, will probably do that tbh........still gona blag a shot of the RS though

if you're nice I might even let you drive it ;)
  • Like 1