W brace beyond hope?

MDMetal

Not sure if he is referring to the brackets that are needed to fit it maybe? They are as expensive as the brace.

These ones?

https://www.torqen.u...5451-cd001.html

https://www.torqen.u...5452-cd001.html

Always in stock, too :blush:

Stop it! I'm getting married next month and I've already costsed up the front suspension arms off you :p I guess nobody has those brackets in aftermarket flavour? it does add up a bit :(

Stop it! I'm getting married next month and I've already costsed up the front suspension arms off you :p I guess nobody has those brackets in aftermarket flavour? it does add up a bit :(

As I said, add everything you need to the cart and PM so I can apply a discount for you, just to make it easier for the wedding! :lol: :lol:

So my story in short ish, thought I would replace the w brace, bolts snapped etc taking that off, the got if off and found the "liver" shaped parts it attaches too was so corroded (like nothing left) they had to be replaced which is attached to a sheild (just in front of the fuel tank) was corroded and need to replaced (not essential but need to do a proper job) . I looked at this all on a proper ramp and could see this needed somebody who had done this before as you had to get various things out the way. £600 pound later at the Nissan dealer (with looked after on price!) -without the w brace!! (But all new bolts/nuts) it was finished until I started it and found the flexi pipe was blowing because that was corroded which then was blowing so then it's a new y pipe and cutting off the bolts to get that off. Finally done. What a nightmare, never again 😪😪

So my story in short ish, thought I would replace the w brace, bolts snapped etc taking that off, the got if off and found the "liver" shaped parts it attaches too was so corroded (like nothing left) they had to be replaced which is attached to a sheild (just in front of the fuel tank) was corroded and need to replaced (not essential but need to do a proper job) . I looked at this all on a proper ramp and could see this needed somebody who had done this before as you had to get various things out the way. £600 pound later at the Nissan dealer (with looked after on price!) -without the w brace!! (But all new bolts/nuts) it was finished until I started it and found the flexi pipe was blowing because that was corroded which then was blowing so then it's a new y pipe and cutting off the bolts to get that off. Finally done. What a nightmare, never again 😪😪

My kidneys need swapping (you can just see them in theo photo) what shield are you refering too? The exhaust is only 4-5 years old and is an invidia so that should be fine. I guess your exhaust was gone anyway it's just you only noticed at this point?

Oh jesus :(. Aye I remember mine was quite costly to replace when all the additional parts were put on top of the brace. At least it's sorted now and you'll never need to do it again. Good job Adrian is sorting MDMetal out with a discount.

The shield I was referring to is just in front of the fuel tank (looking from rear of vehicle) and is bolted to the kidneys .

Like you said, it done now thank god and one a won't have too do again as a hamerited all the parts before fitting and sprayed wax oil aswel just to make sure (oh and greased all nuts/bolts).

The garage said the kidneys was so bad they could be folded in half by hand!!