Anyone know window tint laws???

Rob350

Thinking of tinting my rear and quarter Windows and possibly a little bit of tint on my drivers and pasenger Windows.

Was thinking, tint that blocks 50% or 70% light on the rears, so quite dark and tint that blocks 10% or 15% light on the front so just a light smoke.

What's the legal limits???

Cheers

If memory serves the stock windows are about 22% tinted already so that doesnt allow the use of any film on the driver and passenger or windscreen

Yup. Trying to find a light measuring device is hard though. Its not something that is tested on a mot, you can pulled for it but it's hard for the police to prove on the spot. You may find tinting the rear and sides gives the impression of a tinted scteen.

The rear 3 can have any amount of tint on, not a problem. As mentioned above the stock front windows have a factory fitted tint which is around 20-25%. This was confirmed by my window tinters so wouldn't advice anything on the front. Dont forget to declare them too!

You may find tinting the rear and sides gives the impression of a tinted scteen.

^yep . I never tint the fronts , the guy i use uses a dark tint on the rear window and a lighter one on the side which helps blend the windows better

Like this

P1020113_zpslhfp99rz.jpg

Not like this

P1000330_zps3a5e725b.jpg

• Like 1

It can do but its rare, you're more likely to damage them by cleaning them with chemicals or contamination. My particular windows tinters say dont use the demister for two weeks to let it properly adhere. Not had any issues either and I use it regularly :)