Cooper Arms Derby(ish)

Hi fellow east midlanders,

There is pub just outside derby called the coopers arms that hosts car meets fairly often. I'm there some monday evenings just as the Porsche OC is just wrapping up. Now Summer is approaching, they have a big car park and excellent lemonade. If you have a driver, the beer is good too. The carvery is to die for, but I don't think they serve much past 9pm. There are some reasonable country roads roads leading up to it. Gauging interesting on having an evening meet there over spring/summer for a chat and a perve at each others cars. I've not approached the pub yet to see if they'd mind, or if any other clubs are pre booked, I'll do that if there is a bit of interest.

hps-night.jpg

The car park over looks a pretty lake so it is also a good photo opportunity.

Before I approach the coopers, I'd like to know interest, preferred evening etc. Its in the EM section, but there is no reason why others can't express interest. All are welcome.

One more thing, I know we're all sensible and mature, if I can tell the pub we're not a bunch of chavs doing burn outs and hitting the rev limiter in the car park, I'm sure it'd sway the venue in our favour.

Anymore info as in car nights etc :thumbs: also what evenings

Well its classic car nights 1st and 3rd Thursdays. I'll HAVE to find an excuse to pop (life's hard sometimes :D)over and get some info about what evenings are available then will throw it to you lot. Was thinking an evening Between end of may to end of july. The wife and kids are going camping without me end of the month so I'm free.
  • Like 1

*If you collaborate with an REO, you can tell them it's an OC meet and not just a load of yobs in fancy, loud cars.

Just a note chaps, if you are organising this without the REO you cannot call any pubs etc and say you are representing the 350z-uk forum. We cover public liability for any official meets, if you are doing this off your own back it has to be independent of the forum.

*Not trying to enforce rules, but just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I bit the bullet and went to the pub last night, its a hard life, but i was willing to take one for the team for you all, just so i could ask about using the Coopers Arms as a site for a meet. I spoke to the lovely Amy, who is the daughter of the owner...and has no idea what a 350z is :headhurt: . SOOOO I suggest we enlighten her lol.

She says we can do it whenever we like, so long as it doesn't clash with any other car clubs, if we give notice, she can cordon off part of the car park for us, and if we want to have a meeting inside, she has a room she puts aside for such things, so if we all wanted to have a carvery (highly recommended) together it can be arranged. All this can be done for a grand total of FREE.

So, what/when is everyone available? I think Thursdays are out as that is when they have the classic car meets, and we're not quite there yet. And i'm pretty sure the Porkers are there most Mondays. Other than that, any evenings are free. I was thinking an evening early to mid June. Let me know evenings you can't attend and I'll make a decision and book something in.

In terms of location its kind of in the middle of nowhere, but a 5 minute drive from the a50.

Cheers

Jay

• Like 1

I'm up for this - how soon are we talking? Only 35 miles from me...!

Was Thinking mid June, and If I can make it so one-eyed can make it too happy days. Let me know what days do and don't work and I'll go with the majority.