Performance Friction Pads

Mark261288

Hi has anyone tried these pads for track use? Ive got the Nurburgring next month so a new set of discs and pads are needed.

I was planning on DS2500's but I've came across a cheap set of these.

I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks, Mark

I ran the 01 on the front and the Z-rated on the rear, both with their 2-piece discs. Absolutely wonderful things for track or road, certainly no dustier than anything else comparable but with excellent feel and stopping power. Much better than the RS14s or 2500s IMHO. Many people do use the 2500s on here though and are content with them.

What PF pads are you looking at? Bear in mind the Ring isn't particularly hard on brakes at all.

• Like 1

They are the Z rated pads, managed to pick them up for £40 through the demon tweeks clearance section. Every where else seems to stock them for about £150 so im well chuffed.

I've also got a track day at croft lined up in a few months. I'm running these with the standard Brembos new discs and racing fluid. Fingers crossed they will hold up to the punishment.

Thanks for your input.

What discs and fluid?

Z-rated will be okay, I don't think they'll cope as well as the 2500 on the fronts for track work tbh but they'll do a job nicely. :) And they'll be better than stock or dead ones for sure!

I think BBK is justified for cars which actually participate in some serious competition.

Before I had EBC GD rotors and Yellow stuff. For some DD driving was ok o track nightmare.

Now I went with DBA series 5000 2 piece rotors in front and T3 solid at rear and Carbotech XP10 all round.

My o my that car stops now. It is insane how it has transformed in terms of braking power and consistency with hard stop. I really can't see any reason for BBK after this unless car is used seriously and oftenly for track races

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tried ds 2500, good on the street but weak on the track... lots of fading, pretty dangerous.... Now I have ds3000 which are fine, perfect on the track at the cost of minimal noise and poor braking when cold ( but nothing terrible ).

• Like 1