Bluetooth Phone Quality?

MaRkY172

Hi guys,

Thought I'd try out the Bluetooth hands-free phone .... connected really well, phoned up people, but ... whilst driving I could hardly make out what they were saying and I had to almost shout to get them to hear me! As a newbie Z owner, is this the experience everyone else has in their 370's with the premium BOSE system? Also, where is the mic I need to speak to hehe?

Thanks in advance! :)

2016 Nismo. Bluetooth for the phone calls, etc. works fine with no dropout. You need the volume maxed out on fast roads but otherwise no issues.

However, the Bluetooth audio streaming is useless! It drops out all the time, stutters, fades, you get the idea. To say that it is unusable is an understatement. I'm really disappointed in it, considering my wife has a 2016 Nismo Juke and it's flawless in there.

I've no issue using the USB input instead, other than the inconvenience of having to fish out my phone to hook it up and the number of times I've walked away from the car only to have to run back and get the phone from the centre pocket when I remember it a couple of minutes later.

Toon Chris: What ear piece do you recommend? Where do you even plug it in? Sorry for the noob questions!

Any bluetooth earpiece you fancy really (not plug in!).

Parrot are supposed to be quite good maybe? Sorry i don't know good ones any more as i don't keep up with what's on the market.

Mine was some no-name thing I got from work so I didn't pay much attention to the brand.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue with phone calls over Bluetooth in my '11 plate.

Just makes me angry using it tbh, so I've resorted to making sure I've always got earphone in the car to use instead.

Terrible sound quality & no fix that I've heard of.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter has the same Bluetooth audio connectivity problem from her iPhone 5s. It keeps skipping and dropping out, useless. The Apple tech guy said to create at least 500 Mb space on the phone to help with the problem but still the same.

Has anyone taken issue with Nissan over this obvious fault?

• 9 months later...

Bit of an old thread, but I have a 2017 Nismo with Nav, similar issues with the hands free.. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL, I can hear the other person at first but the audio randomly goes silent after a few moments then comes back, usually the other party can hear me. I had the same thing with my old Sony Xperia XZ premium. Both handsets run Android Oreo. I have a work phone (LG) which runs Marshmallow, which works perfectly. I did take it back to Nissan a few times but didn't have any luck getting it sorted.

The first few times I found calls to be rubbish - but then it has sorted itself out.

Audio streaming is very frustrating! I had a Moto G5 and the wife has a Pixel 2, both would 'skip' alot while streaming (like a scratched CD) - no issues when streaming to any of the other bluetooth devices I own. However, I got a Moto X4 2 weeks ago, this doesn't skip but I quite often lose the facility to change tracks with the stereo.