THE YELLOW FELLOW

On 02/05/2017 at 20:12, nissanjuke said:

sorted out the tools to sit in hollow behind seat.

cut up the foam to create shelf.

put my old carpet on to test--see pictures.

PQvQlOT.jpg

axweCR2.jpg

fbaiwBO.jpg

But where did the Sub go? I'm doing a copy and paste of this but not sure if I wanna put the sub where you have your tools. I'm sure you've got a sensible idea to share. 

check my build thread further on and you will see I put the subwoofer in the left-hand corner of the boot, but looking forward I am going to take subwoofer out and change door speakers and front tweeters and experiment with the speakers in the door for the sound quality I like, but have not got there yet as I am looking at tuning next,with a gearbox service/diff upgrade then ecutek   :teeth:

check my build thread further on and you will see I put the subwoofer in the left-hand corner of the boot, but looking forward I am going to take subwoofer out and change door speakers and front tweeters and experiment with the speakers in the door for the sound quality I like, but have not got there yet as I am looking at tuning next,with a gearbox service/diff upgrade then ecutek   :teeth:

• 4 months later...

TODAY  got my wheel spacers fitted at dynatune, tarmac supplied me the wheel spacers and I just love the look, the only problem is when you go over a bump or pothole you hear a scuff from the front wheels, went and checked my tyres and no marks, do you live with it or does it go away eventually, through wear tear, anybody else had this problem, CHRIS at tarmac recommended 25mm all round. 

20190401_144045.jpg

20190401_144054.jpg

20190401_144103.jpg

I fitted 15mm all round on Sat myself and have a small amount of rubbing on the inside bracket to the arch fender at the rear when I go over bumps or pot holes.. I am going to live with it for the time being and monitor. If I find it rubs the tyre I can customise the bracket to create more gap.

Well done on the mod.

Edited by Payco

cheers I will do the same, just monitor the situation and due to the spacers I have noticed more crap up the side of my car from the wheels, but I have just seen on eBay from Germany carbon fibre mudguard trim that fits on the arches.:thumbs:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/04/2019 at 16:01, Payco said:

I fitted 15mm all round on Sat myself and have a small amount of rubbing on the inside bracket to the arch fender at the rear when I go over bumps or pot holes.. I am going to live with it for the time being and monitor. If I find it rubs the tyre I can customise the bracket to create more gap.

Well done on the mod.

I was thinking about spacers myself but if 15mm spacers cause rubbing I think I will pass.

Edited by StormWhite

29 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

I was thinking about spacers myself but if 15mm spacers cause rubbing I think I will pass.

If needs be you can always trim the arch liner a tiny bit where it rubs and then bend the bracket slightly and the problem will disappear. I did this and never had any issues whatsoever with my 25mm spacers (the car was also lowered 25mm at this point).

If the car isn't lowered i can't foresee any issues whatsoever personally... A small adjustment of driving style and not smashing it over bumps will be more than enough.

My car doesn't rub at all at the moment and it's about 60mm lower than stock with the equivalent of running a 69mm spacer! :lol: You've got nothing to worry about imo :thumbs:

image.png.2dbb46441c8567c895fc3bf21dcd8a60.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

I think nissanjuke's car is lowered(?) :shrug:  I'm running 25mm spacers all round on standard springs with no issues.

Looking good BTW fellow yellow :thumbs: 

yes its lowered on Eibach springs, but I will adjust my driving style to suit and let my tyre buff the arch liner just now as I only have about 1000miles left on front tyres, also it's only doing it on the driver's side and when fitting new tyres you can trim liner and reseal it:teeth:.

Edited by nissanjuke
mistake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 17:34, nissanjuke said:

paid £400.00 deposit and estimate for full job £800.00 plus vat. B)

Not bad whatsoever! I think i had a quote of £2000 + VAT to sort out 2nd and 5th :lol:

Hence I've just added some molyslip and adjusted my gear changes haha

• nissanjuke changed the title to THE YELLOW FELLOW