Your favourite UK circuits ?

RobPhoboS

Anglesey is definitely gorgeous and fast. I had a brilliant time there with the SXOC people but I don't know if I'd call it a great layout? I could see it being brilliant for racing but not convinced as a trackday destination. Not really any sequences on it..?

As for worldwide it would have to be Suzuka - never, ever did all those left/right bits near the start properly on the Playstation.

(PS Fantasy track would be the OutRun grid .. :) )

To further the question, if you had a choice to go to any track worldwide, which one would you try.

Laguna Seca for me.

God no I hated that track on the Gran Turismo games, :lol:;)

...I'd like to do Circuit De La Sarthe in a GT1 Mclaren F1 GTR or maybe the Dubai Autodrome. :thumbs:

Edit: Okay hate's a bit strong. Disliked. :D

Anglesey is definitely gorgeous and fast. I had a brilliant time there with the SXOC people but I don't know if I'd call it a great layout? I could see it being brilliant for racing but not convinced as a trackday destination. Not really any sequences on it..?

WHAT?!

The Rocket complex is amazing, nevermind the drop down from Peel through the Corkscrew!

Laguna Seca or Suzuka for me too. I'm looking at maybe doing LS for my 40th in a few years.

WHAT?!

Ok, I looked back at some of my vids and, yes, I would go there again definitely. I still think it could do with a good fast transition somewhere... having said that, I was on crap tyres and got out cornered in those sections you mentioned by some dodgy MX5...

Strange though what people look for in a track. For instance, I love that last long right at Snetterton but know some people who say it's just really boring, goes on to long.

I found that corner very challenging in the BMW, as it relies on massive speeds but also very good brakes to get the front to turn in without unsettling the car, and then the last left flick onto the start/finish straight is just a nightmare with a huge car. Bet it's ace in an Elise or something.

Also, lols at the MX5 comment :lol: When is the Weekender this year? Might come along again if possible.

I found that corner very challenging in the BMW, as it relies on massive speeds but also very good brakes to get the front to turn in without unsettling the car, and then the last left flick onto the start/finish straight is just a nightmare with a huge car. Bet it's ace in an Elise or something.

Also, lols at the MX5 comment :lol: When is the Weekender this year? Might come along again if possible.

Yep, I half-spun a couple of times there in the Zed trying to flick it onto the staight - but still loved it.

At Anglesey the git in the MX5 nailed the hairpin and then pulled to the right as if to say "please come through, oh, sorry I assumed you'd kept up, my mistake..."

Quality bit of trackday needle.... kudos if it was you. Bright yellow helmet?

To further the question, if you had a choice to go to any track worldwide, which one would you try.

Laguna Seca for me.

If you class it as a track it would have to be the Isle Of Man TT course, nothing else like it in the world.

4th to 6th August, Rockingham, will have a drift track if you fancy a bit of that too :)

KOQ, are you looking at coming? Would be good to see you again mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

4th to 6th August, Rockingham, will have a drift track if you fancy a bit of that too :)

KOQ, are you looking at coming? Would be good to see you again mate :thumbs:

Cheers Doc. Can't make it though. Got a two-day event at the Hillclimb series I'm contesting (well sort-of contesting :lol: ) that weekend. Got some very close rivals that I'm scrapping with.

Always a pity to miss it. Really sound people, phenomenal track action and the Mother of all parties.

Edited by Kieran O'Quick
  • Like 1

I've done,

Spa

Castle Combe

Rockingham

Donington Park

Silverstone GP

Croft

Brands Hatch

Hethel

Snetterton (old and new)

Oulton Park

Bedford

My favourite is probably Castle Combe although I originally hated it. Love it now. Donington is great also.

Not doing as many track days this year but already done Castle Combe, have two back to back days booked at Spa and plan to do Brands, Snetterton and Donington this year.

As for circuit I would love to drive then thats a difficult question. One of the following would be amazing,

Monza

Suzuka

Monaco

Sebring

Tsukuba

Le Mans

Edited by Linus27