Snap on thermal imager

88 Zed

Any technicians on here seen the snap-on thermal imaging camera?

I was impressed but I think a grand was a bit too much for what it can be used for. I'm sure snap-on haven't developed it themselves and was wondering if anyone knows who the original manufacturer is.

It will surely be cheaper from them!

Cant upload an image from my I pad for some reason but here's a video

Edited by 88 Zed

My son has his own diagnostics/electronics business down South, they have been using these for around a year now, not the snapon one, this is another FLIR device, they use it for diagnostics on batteries, wiring, starter motors, etc as it picks up the hot spots immediately.

I forget the make they use, but he is a main supplier for them and all the garages are snapping them up, fantastic diagnostics tool.

My son has his own diagnostics/electronics business down South, they have been using these for around a year now, not the snapon one, this is another FLIR device, they use it for diagnostics on batteries, wiring, starter motors, etc as it picks up the hot spots immediately.

I forget the make they use, but he is a main supplier for them and all the garages are snapping them up, fantastic diagnostics tool.

Yea I was impressed by it, I've been using a laser pointed thing that gives you a reading but this seems a lot more detailed!

What's your sons business called?

Yea I was impressed by it, I've been using a laser pointed thing that gives you a reading but this seems a lot more detailed!

I used to use a laser thermometer on my bike to check the cylinders were even , a guess this would be a useful tool for some people

He is Mobile Eco Tuning ..... well thats the mobile side of the business where he has around 5 vans on the road covering the South, but he has opened a technical workshop as well in Weston Supermare, from there he does all the electrical/electronic work for a lot of the main dealers, also involved with Theo Paphitass and his racing cars..... among a few

I would suggest doing the training at Flir (says the qualified thermographer). Well worth it as the images can be so easily misinterpreted.

Also it pays to know about the emmisivity of different materials as not all are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest doing the training at Flir (says the qualified thermographer). Well worth it as the images can be so easily misinterpreted.

Also it pays to know about the emmisivity of different materials as not all are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's not a simple as point and see, the snap-on version dose come with a database of known good and bad images for different faults.

I think for the money involved I'll keep using my trusty laser pointer. It seems to do the job 👊

He is Mobile Eco Tuning ..... well thats the mobile side of the business where he has around 5 vans on the road covering the South, but he has opened a technical workshop as well in Weston Supermare, from there he does all the electrical/electronic work for a lot of the main dealers, also involved with Theo Paphitass and his racing cars..... among a few

Dose he do training courses? I was looking into getting involved in the remapping market, there is more use for it these days, especially with the modern Diesel engine, DPF deletes etc.

It's persuading my boss that he will get left behind if he doesn't keep up with the technology that's the hard part!

Dose he do training courses? I was looking into getting involved in the remapping market, there is more use for it these days, especially with the modern Diesel engine, DPF deletes etc.

It's persuading my boss that he will get left behind if he doesn't keep up with the technology that's the hard part!

Hi Bud, yes he does.

The 4 or 5 vans he has on the road are franchise of his own business and he does all the training, vehicle kitting out, etc etc. The guys he have doing are doing more than well enough ;-)

If you want to know more, drop me a pm and I will let you have his phone number.

They dont really do any of the "Grease Monkey" stuff, its all electrical/electronics. He does stuff all over the world.