Changing the Nissan burger badges

Cray Z

Has anyone done this in exchange for the fair lady Z ones?

I have just ordered some up, but the car is brand spankers so a bit dubious about pulling the old badges out :o

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There's no reason not to do it, it can easily be done without damaging anything. Use a thin piece of plastic (break a plastic fork for example), to poke some dental floss under just one edge of the badge, then use the dental floss like a saw working your way through the adhesive. Adhesive remover to clean the mess, new badges will have new adhesive ready to go! HTH!

• Like 1

There's no reason not to do it, it can easily be done without damaging anything. Use a thin piece of plastic (break a plastic fork for example), to poke some dental floss under just one edge of the badge, then use the dental floss like a saw working your way through the adhesive. Adhesive remover to clean the mess, new badges will have new adhesive ready to go! HTH!

Thanks Bud! So easy enough then? Any recommendations on the adhesive remover? I have panel wipe and thinners.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aashen is right for most badges, but I am guessing you are on about the burger badges for your 70 Nismo? These (front and back) are recessed into the bumper so the floss trick didn't work. Annoyingly, as I also need to do this soon.

From what I've read online you use a hairdryer or similar to gently heat up the badge and warm the glue. The super gently pry the badge away with something soft/plastic to avoid damaging paint.

Edited by mattross1313

Aashen is right for most badges, but I am guessing you are on about the burger badges for your 70 Nismo? These (front and back) are recessed into the bumper so the floss trick didn't work. Annoyingly, as I also need to do this soon.

From what I've read online you use a hairdryer or similar to gently heat up the badge and warm the glue. The super gently pry the badge away with something soft/plastic to avoid damaging paint.

Yes, on the Nismo, hence a little anxious, if it was any of my other cars it would be no bother lol!

Hairdryer trick sounds good! The vendor of the Z badges recommended the hairdryer too. I have one specifically for car stuff lol! i also have a nice selection of bright orange plastic trim removal tools, so will try these.

I am going to put a gloss black badge on the front and chrome on the rear.

The 350Z badges on the front are also recessed, hence the need for the broken plastic fork. But I agree, it's not easy to get the floss in in the first place with recessed badges, heat will certainly help, but also soften the paint, so be EXTRA careful if you apply heat!!