2017 370Z Collection day ruined by Sandicliffe Nissan

Thermalp4

Well what a day again!

Went to my local dealer.

They took the car in straight away with no appointment.

While the car was being worked on the girl on the service desk went through some details.

Listen to this.

No PDI had been done. Warranty hadnt been started either.

They called the dealer and the salesman wouldn't take the call.

Finally got through to someone and they said they'd be sorting the warranty today.

Phoned Nissan Customer Service and just let rip. Told them everything. Probably won't get anything but i felt it needed to be reported.

Didn't even know I had RAC cover with the car.

Didn't even have a proper handover.

All sorted now though.

Turns out they didn't reset anything. It hasn't been plugged into anything.

The dealer lied about it all.

Shocking service.

Edited by Thermalp4

Given the shocking prep you experienced you better check the spring transit packers have been removed:

Did you ask the local dealer if the transit packers in the springs had been removed - given what you have just said about next nothing having been done by the supplying dealer?

I'd be checking that the transport blocks have been taken out of the springs as that seems to be a common failure.

I made sure they were out thanks to the info on here so that's was a bonus.

Given the shocking prep you experienced you better check the spring transit packers have been removed:

Did you ask the local dealer if the transit packers in the springs had been removed - given what you have just said about next nothing having been done by the supplying dealer?

I'd be checking that the transport blocks have been taken out of the springs as that seems to be a common failure.

I made sure they were out thanks to the info on here so that's was a bonus.

:doh:

When I said I made sure they were out I meant I told the salesman to get them checked and he come back to me and said they had been done.

So given the fact that he said the TPMS light had been reset when it hadn't I think I'm going to check them myself tomorrow morning.

I don't believe anything he said now.

This was a garage selling GTRs and GTR Nismo editions. Which they had there on display.

Terrible.

• Like 1

Which one is it local dealer?

That is shocking but spent surprise me, as I only found out when the service manager came out to try and sell me the service package and said they would renew the RAC cover. I was like.. what RAC cover? Lol!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Went to buy a 2nd hand land rover last year, deal was done on the price then they said it would be £199 additional to pay for preparation of the car!

I argued a toss with the sales guy that is ridiculous, I even said was more than happy to take the car as it is so you can wavier the fee.

They refused to back down off the £199 fee so I told them to lump there deal we are no longer interested and walked away. In the grand scheme of things it's a very small percentage and really insignificant compared to the cost of the car but it is the principal of it that annoyed me. :rant:

Nissan sound even worse from your experience :scare:

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 1

Not sure what dealer you used, but i took my 370 in for a minor service last week at toomey Nissan near dunton in essex and couldn't be happier with the service. Even phoned me twice to make sure i was happy !...