2017 370Z Collection day ruined by Sandicliffe Nissan

Thermalp4

Well what a total shocker .

Absolutely ruined my collection day today.

Had a 12.45pm appointment today with Sandicliffe Nissan to take delivery of my brand new 370z nismo.

I was 30 mins early so I'll give them that.

Car was on the forecourt ready for collection all nice and shiny anyway.

Waited for salesman to finish his current appointment and then he came to me.

Paid for the car, done the required paperwork, taxed it online and then I was ready.

Got in the car and noticed the mats had been taken out. Ok I thought: I'll just start it up and go through a few things.

Start the car. Warning light is on along with tyre pressure monitor light. They wouldn't go off.

Called salesman. He had a look. Said it needed to to be reset so needed to go round the back into the workshop.

At this point the car started to shake a bit and sound rough.

Salesman got in to take it around the back and the engine cut out. Wouldn't start. Run out of petrol. Seriously.

I then proceeded to wait an hour while a tech went to the garage and brought a jerry can back and put petrol in.

Car went back into the workshop to have light re set. Came back. Salesman explained it's been done but the light will remain on for about 6-8 miles then extinguish.

At this point I was so miffed off I just wanted to get on the road and start the 4 hour drive home.

Home now. Light still on. After reading online it's looks like it has to go back into a dealer to be sorted.

Total shambles.

I think they were punishing me because I refused to pay the £89 admin fee added to the £30k I paid for the car.

Said the admin fee was for prepping the car and doing HPI checks etc. HPI? On their own brand new car.

Wasn't paying that.

All in all a pretty crap experience.

Good job the car is awesome.

:)

That's a real shame bud. I picked mine up today too and it was on fumes. Nissan don't give you mats or fuel. You have to grovel for it and then you might get a discount. I grovelled and they threw in the mats. No fuel tho.. it was quite literally empty. Was yours a westway?

Got to ask tho, why did you buy it 4hrs away from where you live?

Which light stayed on? Warning or tyre pressure?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi mate.

I got mats in the end because I said they were in the photos on the ad online.

This dealer had a big discount on the car.

Reduced from 39k to £29895.

Nowhere around by me had anything close.

It's the TPMS light that's on.

It flashes for a bit then stays on constant.

For what I've read online it needs to go into a dealer.

Hi mate.

Wow!! That's a cracking deal! It's a nismo I take it? I paid more than that with employee discount. Sounds like it was well worth the 4hr drive then.

Can't u take it to your local dealer?

Mine is going back tomorrow as there is a clunky noose when you drop the clutch at low speed to change gear. Almost like the gearbox is hitting the exhaust.

On the bright side i get another one as a courtesy car ;)

Hi mate.

Wow!! That's a cracking deal! It's a nismo I take it? I paid more than that with employee discount. Sounds like it was well worth the 4hr drive then.

Mine is going back tomorrow as there is a clunky noose when you drop the clutch at low speed to change gear. Almost like the gearbox is hitting the exhaust.

Yeah it was a good deal for a Nismo I thought. They had 3 of them there.

The car is amazing. Totally different from what I've just come from.

I'll take it to my local dealer assp.

I reckon they knew it wouldn't resolve itself and couldn't be bothered to sort it and knew I didn't live local.

Hope you get yours sorted mate.

Shouldn't be much I don't expect.

Edited by Thermalp4

fuel and mats should all be agreed / negotiated for before you even arrange a pickup date - thats something I hammer home when they're still trying to get me to sign

Can I be rude and ask if the car was brand new?

The reason I ask is because I got my car brand new 2 weeks ago, dealer asked if I wanted carpets in mine - for £65. I said no thanks.

They offered to fill my car, and I pay them back - again, no thanks!

So they should have offered them to you, speaking from my experience.

Got to collecting the car, nothing was overly wrong apart from my passenger window needing resetting, 1 minute job thanks to the forum

They gave me the car with so little fuel the DTE said 0 and was flashing hahaha

Other than that it was all good, and have put near 500 miles on her in about 10 days :D

Edited by Mikevv

Car was a brand new Pre Reg. 3 miles on it.

Thing is now I can't expect my local dealer to sort it for me there and then, I'll have to book it in.

At least it doesn't prevent me driving it I suppose.

Just hope it's nothing major.

Given the shocking prep you experienced you better check the spring transit packers have been removed:

http://www.350z-uk.c...ransit-packers/

On the petrol issue, I do wonder how many dealers would put in Super unleaded so for me as long as the there was enough to get to a petrol station and add the correct grade I would be quite happy not to stomp up the £100 or so to the dealer so to not have full tank of 95 octane.

Charging for mats with no discount is taking the mickey......

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

Hi mate.

Yeah it was a good deal for a Nismo I thought. They had 3 of them there.

The car is amazing. Totally different from what I've just come from.

I'll take it to my local dealer assp.

I reckon they knew it wouldn't resolve itself and couldn't be bothered to sort it and knew I didn't live local.

Hope you get yours sorted mate.

Shouldn't be much I don't expect.

The reason they can't be bothered is because they don't have much margin in the car and are really selling at cost (ish). Hence there is no really incentive to spend time on yours. In terms of getting mats, fuel or a free service, i strongly believe you won't get any of them. The reason i say that is because i got mine on the employee deal, which means all of their margins are taken out of the sale. In turn, they were reluctant to give me anything. I had to speak to the main manager to get the mats, fuel was a definite no no! they literally put a drop in it for delivery. My car had 2 miles on it (odometer) and the fuel gauge was reading zero miles when i started the car. The sales man even shamelessly said that he'd better let me go, as he didn't want me conking out lol!!!

As long as they sort your's out locally its ok i guess :)

Mine is going back in a few hours.

I think you may have missed my question earlier, was your car preregistered before April?

Sounds like a faulty TPMS sensor , if you set all the tp to 35psi it should go off once you get over 30mph , the tpms sensors on Nissans are coded to the car so the ECU knows which one it cant see , shocking really as its very easily sorted , glad you didnt pay for the new car prep as they clearly didnt do it . Check for the transit blocks on the suspension as well

Enjoy your new car

Edit sorry as its a Nismo not sure what the pressures should be so check

Edited by Richf

On the petrol issue, I do wonder how many dealers would put in Super unleaded

I had a nearly new 370z Roadster as a courtesy car once and sure enough it was empty and needed filling up. I put super unleaded in it, but I noticed in the glove box loads of receipts which showed that their sales team had been filling it up with normal unleaded.

I don't know if it is the same on the 370 as it is on my Infiniti (which is based on the 370) but the TPMS will also warn if the tyre pressure goes too high as well as too low.

After an hour on the motorway this tended to happen a lot until I worked out what the problem was!