Stevie's 350Z Roadster Life

Stevie-Boy

This is the thread for what isn't supposed to be starting life as a build thread. However, that's what I said when I bought my Legacy B4 RSK so let's just see how it goes.

April 2017, I bought my roadster.

NGgm3SS.jpg

I think I got extremely lucky with this car. It's in amazing condition, 2006 rev up, 32k with full Nissan history.

It's a former club car then got traded into Nissan where it was bought by another club member. He installed a Cobra system and then had to sell up for genuine work reasons. I posted up a wanted advert, he responded and the rest is history. I even have the remainder of the warranty even though it was a private sale, really very good buy.

ONm8wsS.jpg

She's the GT model. I believe the roadsters don't usually come with steering wheel radio controls but this one does have those.

pZ7I8Sr.jpg

The long term previous owner installed a JWT Pop Charger. The last owner installed a Cobra resonated system, the Y-Pipe and the middle/back. It sounds AMAZING.

I've had various turbo cars before, my Legacy twin turbo sounds incredible now but this is the best sounding car I've ever had. It wails and howls and it's just crazy good!!

dNNVkbf.jpg

I've only had it since Sunday and I can't stop driving it. I know the coupe guys don't care much for the look of the roadster but when you get the roof down and that engine howling, it's just so addictive!!!

bnZPcNX.jpg

The condition of this car is just amazing. She's a pure garage queen. It's my daily now though but she will be lavished with love and wax.

zBo3flt.jpg

I will definitely be changing the stereo, I like to play music from my phone. I've got one already to go in and I've ordered all the bits, the PAC harness and facia etc.

xcQwk1z.jpg

Oh she has a stubby aerial and LED lights for the back number plate.

Pretty sure that's where the build will end really. Heh.

Thanks all, appreciated :)

I tried to do the stereo today. Went into work to pick up all the fitting parts, came home excitedly to do it and couldn't get the gear knob off. Read up and found that it's a bit of a job with mole grips and stuff.

Abandoned that and washed it again instead. I haven't got two sets of grips so I'll have to tackle this job another day!!

After needing weird pac harnesses, this is a double amusing welcome to Z world!!! Had to sit and laugh at falling at the first hurdle though.

I got my stereo done, happy about that. Turns out Geoff Capes fits the gear knobs at Nissan and he gets Eddie Hall to give them a little tighten at the end. Who knew?

So, the original:

IZFjlqq.jpg

Not scary at all pulling your dash apart:

98YCEBG.jpg

And then the new one in place:

wTVkhMQ.jpg

Feels great to modernise that. I love music from Spotify and now I've got my hands free audio and DAB and whatever. It sounds great too, that Bose setup is not too bad at all when driven with a decent hu.

It has spawned a new job though to make the centre console pretty as it got a bit scratched during that installation.

Edited by Stevie-Boy

• 1 year later...

Not updated this forever, mainly because I didn't do anything else to the car except keep washing it!

I did put spacers on there though as the factory offset is very tame, loses the wheels in those huge arches.

Only other mod has been the custom gear knob which is lovely!