Tyres scrubbing on edges

4K1R4-350Z

Hey guys!

So.... had my MOT done this week, she passed! =)

But... advisory "both front tyres badly scrubbed on edges"...

Now I swear to god I am not driving like an idiot and although I do live in roundabout city AKA Milton Keynes, this is actually my first car and I want to look after her!... no adjustments have been made to camber or suspension it's all stock and standard..

Any ideas why guys?

Thanks guys!

Edited by 4K1R4-350Z

get 4 wheel tracking done to manufacturer spec - note this is toe in on fronts hence the increased inner wear

or

get 4 wheel tracking done out of spec and ask for zero toe in on the front - should provide more even wear

• Like 1

get 4 wheel tracking done to manufacturer spec - note this is toe in on fronts hence the increased inner wear

or

get 4 wheel tracking done out of spec and ask for zero toe in on the front - should provide more even wear

Thanks KUGT4 I'll head over to my local tomorrow and see what's what, hopefully with some good results!

Please excuse my ignorance with this question.. but what exactly is scrubbing? Is it just another term for general wear or a more exact description/type of damage to the Tyre?

A Google search proved inefficient in giving a straight answer!!

Thanks! ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Scrubbing is used where a tyre is being dragged along the ground sideways, rather than rolling along as you would expect. That's an extreme explanation, as it's likely your tyres are only pointing off by a few degrees which is nothing in the real world, but over many miles it can make a big difference to the tyre. :)

Tracking/alignment/geo should be done annually at least, if not every 6mths if you drive over some really poor roads regularly. In MK though, annually will be just fine. :)