350z remap - is it worth it?

Christy.71

I would re-iterate that the overall drive is better and power delivery smoother. Just dug out my dyno read pre and post uprev and you can see on the curve on the right the much more linear power delivery and the removal of the power blip around 5500 revs

DynoScan2.jpg

I would debate the 90% figure against the throttle controller, more like 10% All it does is make the incremental push on the throttle move the signal along quicker, so no different really to having a very heavy foot. With mine fitted rarely put it high up the scale as it made the car difficult to drive around town as when I slightly touched the throttle its putting 4000+ revs through the clutch as I tried to pull away gently in traffic which made you look a bit of a plonker :lol:

There are a fair few threads on CAI, most people seem to come to the conclusion that the standard box with aftermarket panel filter is very effective. If you are going to throw said £50 notes I would not bother putting £200 at a CAI and focus on a nice flowing exhaust instead.

• Like 1

So until I have mods I'm thinking a 90 quid throttle controller will give my 90% of the benefit. After I do some mods it may be worth looking into remapping.

I'd argue a throttle controller gives none of the benefit of a remap, just emulates some of the functionality.

• Like 1

Id sort of agree there, you won't be getting 90% benefits...save the money, do the mods, then do uprev.

I went the motordyne route when it came to the exhaust, plenum spacer from wasso and Art pipe decats, decent pipercross panel filter and a few other bits.

Drives great and sounds nice too.

Next up, Extreme fly and clutch upgrade.

Edited by zippypooz

DynoScan2.jpg

How do you have over 1,000 lbft of torque?

That is hub torque , our Dynapack measure power/torque at the hubs, divide the hub torque by the drive ratio (4.631) to get a flywheel figure

ahh OK, was just curious as I've recently had my car on a Dynapack hub dyno with a reading of 242 lbft but I guess the print out must have had the flywheel figure. Cheers for the clarification.

I would say a remap is completely pointless unless you own a turbo or supercharged car, anything N/A you will only notice a difference in throttle response. Although a lot on this forum seem to go mental and say it tranforms the car after gaining an extra 5bhp lol

The 350z weighs approx 1500+kgs, looking at dyno figures on here you net on average 20-25bhp which is 12-15bhp at the wheels. Your really not gonna feel that. Definitely have better throttle response and smoother power band no doubt there.

Put it this way, my bike weighs 160kgs, I gained 12bhp at the rear wheel after spending over 1.5k on mods, top end power felt fairly similar, mid range you could feel more pull due to the increase in torque, smoother power deliver and better throttle response. I didn't get on and think it was a rocket ship afterwards though, it felt ever so slightly quicker.

Edited by Dave6188

It does vary. It also depends on the health of your car. I noticed a difference, especially torque. Ok, its not like a GT-R after uprev but it does make a difference. Im glad i had it done.

Likewise, even with hindsight I'd still go and get it done.

• Like 1

If it's an early car the flyboy airbox mod is pretty noticable in terms of making the car smoother and feleing better. I was quite surprised the difference it made to be honest for what it is!

• Like 1