Spoiler wanted for 350z

sisson18

• 3 weeks later...

I've bought one too, but it wont be fitted until the end of june. I'm derby based you'll have to let me know where yours gets fitted and costs etc. Im taking mine to a place called j's autobody in burton as they're round the corner from where i work.

Have you fitted this spoiler yet. Thinking of buying this spoiler myself

I've bought one too, but it wont be fitted until the end of june. I'm derby based you'll have to let me know where yours gets fitted and costs etc. Im taking mine to a place called j's autobody in burton as they're round the corner from where i work.

You don’t work at a tyre shop do you!?

Seen you nearby.

Edited by sisson18

Have you fitted this spoiler yet. Thinking of buying this spoiler myself

I haven’t had it fitted it yet, due to receiving stupid quotes!

I’ll get another quote this Friday and will hopefully get it sorted ASAP.

I'll put pics up once sorted.

Yeah the Halfords autocentres in Burton. Mines a black 06 plate. Live in derby (chadd, ssshhh) though.

Out of interest what are the stupid quotes?

My car needs a small amount of filler where the previous spoiler was fitted, so will be slightly more expensive.

I was quoted £400+vat.

I'm sure I can get it done for £200.

I'm going to ask a bodyshop in Ilkeston, who I know.

Yeah the Halfords autocentres in Burton. Mines a black 06 plate. Live in derby (chadd, ssshhh) though.

Out of interest what are the stupid quotes?

Somone that you know from etwall (so I'm told) says get it painted at the Hilton Industrial Estate next to the green thumb, as her car bubbled and was damaged after going to j's autobody.

Cool I'll give them a look. I was hoping it'd be around 200 for spraying and fitting.

Edit update, a phone call had at work with the number of Hilton Ind Estate, thanks for that.

Edited by Jay84

The businesses that quoted you unhappy, did they say anything about the quality of the part, that it would require a lot of fitting and sanding, or other unusual prep? Or you just think they were taking the ****?

The businesses that quoted you unhappy, did they say anything about the quality of the part, that it would require a lot of fitting and sanding, or other unusual prep? Or you just think they were taking the ****?

Probably taking the ****. Spoiler fits fine. Most of the cost was making good after removing the old spoiler.

• 1 month later...