What is this paint fault?

Colin747

If that's the window seal, get a clay bar on there and it should come right off.

It's the metal part of the door just below the seal I think

As abve it's either hard rubber or plastic, so clay bar or magic sponge will remove it; you just need something abrasive to lift it.

If that's the window seal, get a clay bar on there and it should come right off.

As abve it's either hard rubber or plastic, so clay bar or magic sponge will remove it; you just need something abrasive to lift it.

So before I do something stupid, when you say a magic sponge do you mean this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cleaning-Scourers-Sponges/Magic-Eraser-Chemical-Free-Stain-Mark-Removal/B003QITQC6

I'll have a go with a clay bar first and see how it fares. Thanks for your help guys.

https://www.amazon.c...oval/B003QITQC6

I'll have a go with a clay bar first and see how it fares. Thanks for your help guys.

I've got some of them in my house always wondered what they were, they just disintegrate when ever I've tried to use them on the dishes :lol:

as for magic sponges, this is the only one i'm aware off.

1414626749115_wps_3_Jimmy_Gordon_Nottingham_F.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cleaning-Scourers-Sponges/Magic-Eraser-Chemical-Free-Stain-Mark-Removal/B003QITQC6

Yep, they're the jobbies.

Did it work? I gave mine a scrub and I think its just removed the clear layer on the top :(

I didn't think bits were clear coated, have you got any pictures of your damage at all?

Im bit so sure its clearcoat in the strictest sense but its something forming a top layer if memory serves.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did it work? I gave mine a scrub and I think its just removed the clear layer on the top :(

I didn't think bits were clear coated, have you got any pictures of your damage at all?

Im bit so sure its clearcoat in the strictest sense but its something forming a top layer if memory serves.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ah, you could be right actually. Ignore me. :lol:

Sorry guys i've gotten completely sidetracked the last couple of weeks, will try tonight to use some clay to see if I can remove it. Might pick up some of those sponge things from Tesco as well just in case.