350z TDX2 & ART Pipes

ConnorW06

Had another attempt at capturing the Zeds exhaust sound but with my brother's Go Pro Hero 5 Black. Did quite a good job, but still doesn't capture it like it sounds in person (same as all other cameras).

Tried to capture some varied driving incase anyone is looking at getting this exhaust setup, but I'd thoroughly recommend hearing it in person if you are. Little clip of the idle at the end too! Make sure you view it in 1440p!

Edit: I'll apologise now for the vertical recording, wasn't using a GoPro mount so could only fix it to the bumper vertically :-(

Edited by ConnorW06
  • Like 2

This is one of the reasons I kept my TDX with the V8. When driving with the V6 the drone was pretty heavy, but with the V8 there's hardly any drone at all. It's mad! The exhaust now in comparison sounds totally different, in fact absolutely perfect now the drone has gone.

Nice vid, def catches the sounds nicely with no road noise.

Sounds fantastic imo. B)

Really would love to hear that on full WOT going through the first few gears or through a tunnel. I bet that'd sound amazing. ;)

Thank you mate, camera still doesn't do it justice but it does sound incredible. I'll get myself a proper GoPro mount so I can record horizontally and give it another go I think. I was slightly concerned whether the GoPro was even going to be still on my bumper when I got back home :lol: ! Obviously the App was playing havoc and wouldn't connect to the camera so I couldn't even check from inside the car!

This is one of the reasons I kept my TDX with the V8. When driving with the V6 the drone was pretty heavy, but with the V8 there's hardly any drone at all. It's mad! The exhaust now in comparison sounds totally different, in fact absolutely perfect now the drone has gone.

Would love to hear that V8 in person with the TDX2! Must sound the nuts! I was surprised with the sound from the camera to be fair, was expecting alot more wind and road noise, I'm sure you can tweak the sound settings before and after you've recorded but I wouldn't have a clue!

There is almost zero drone on mine which is weird considering you had some on yours? Only thing I must say about the exhaust is the fitting was a little fiddly to get everything to clear the respective parts so nothing is touching. We had to pack the centre box up that meets with Y pipe and tighten everything up before removing the packers, otherwise it just sat on the brace which caused some vibration in the cabin. But now I've got a solid 8mm of clearance which is perfect.

Didn't realise you had kept the same exhaust with the V8. Thought you had a new exhaust fabricated up.... Sounded awesome even before the V8 went in :D

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Didn't realise you had kept the same exhaust with the V8. Thought you had a new exhaust fabricated up.... Sounded awesome even before the V8 went in :D

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Agreed, the TDX I would say is the best sounding exhaust out there for the Zed. It's not though to everyone's taste purely as it's quite loud, especially with no CATS!

We had to fabricate from headers to Y, so a simple straight and simple downpipe was constructed. I will be heading towards a full custom exhaust, as I have exciting plans for the rear end! :ninja:

Would love to hear that V8 in person with the TDX2! Must sound the nuts! I was surprised with the sound from the camera to be fair, was expecting alot more wind and road noise, I'm sure you can tweak the sound settings before and after you've recorded but I wouldn't have a clue!

There is almost zero drone on mine which is weird considering you had some on yours? Only thing I must say about the exhaust is the fitting was a little fiddly to get everything to clear the respective parts so nothing is touching. We had to pack the centre box up that meets with Y pipe and tighten everything up before removing the packers, otherwise it just sat on the brace which caused some vibration in the cabin. But now I've got a solid 8mm of clearance which is perfect.

It is really nice, really dirty low down, accentuates all sounds from the engine, but the pops and bangs are just wicked with the TDX.

I was running straight de-cats, maybe the ARTS reduce the drone maybe. I know that 70mph 6th gear was a ball ache on the motorway, maybe it's just my age showing. Funny thing is the V8 and 6th gear is bloody heaven, it's like everything has been switched off, sound levels are blissful. Yeah I am getting old lol.

Oh and yes, fitment is fiddly, get it wrong and you have a number of rattles coming from underneath!

Edited by Wasso

Niiiice that audio was spot on I have been trying for a good few months using a number of different phones to catch the sound from a fly by with my mates but it never picked the noise up like it was in person. Yours is very clear.

It is really nice, really dirty low down, accentuates all sounds from the engine, but the pops and bangs are just wicked with the TDX.

I was running straight de-cats, maybe the ARTS reduce the drone maybe. I know that 70mph 6th gear was a ball ache on the motorway, maybe it's just my age showing. Funny thing is the V8 and 6th gear is bloody heaven, it's like everything has been switched off, sound levels are blissful. Yeah I am getting old lol.

Oh and yes, fitment is fiddly, get it wrong and you have a number of rattles coming from underneath!

Haha I've got to say I do like to change to the pops and bangs map every so often just to hear how ridiculously loud some of them can be! It is surprising how deep it can be up to about 3k RPM and how it starts to absolutely scream over about 5k, the TDX2 is a superb bit of kit.

The V8 must sound incredible once you're getting on it though! What exhaust set up are you running on it now? Still decat?

Niiiice that audio was spot on I have been trying for a good few months using a number of different phones to catch the sound from a fly by with my mates but it never picked the noise up like it was in person. Yours is very clear.

Thanks mate, I was surprised how well the GoPro picked up the audio yet removed the road and wind noise. Definitely the best recording of my exhaust I've had so far from any phone or video camera I've tried.

OEM headers (for now), custom straight down pipes into the Motordyne.

I'm planning a full 3" custom build system later this year. But yeah the sounds with V8 are just down right dirty no matter which gear, cruising, deceleratin, changing gear up or down there's a noise for every moment. My favourite is full chat, change gear BANG and POP then back on the go pedal. I'll get some decent videos up soon.