My Rx8 Track Car - First video

marzman

Or tax/mot/insure the track car.

Was gonna suggest it, but at £500 just to tax it every year, rather than a one-off £800...

Unless you only tax / insure it for the months it will be used, SORN it for the rest?

Edited by Strudul

Or tax/mot/insure the track car.

Was gonna suggest it, but at £500 just to tax it every year, rather than a one-off £800...

Unless you only tax / insure it for the months it will be used, SORN it for the rest?

i still need to buy a trailer too, so costs are mounting sadly.

Bit of a bummer when you were all excited about your new track car. Don't know if this is any use Chris, in Atherton and prices start at £210 plus £115 for the test itself?

http://www.krisblundellintensivedrivingcourses.co.uk/trailer-be-training-in-greater-manchester-and-lancashire/?gclid=CPGG3cik0tMCFQTjGwod-nYAtw

Being old has a few advantages, I already have a B+E licence from when they were giving them away for free.

Edited by leonk

Bit of a bummer when you were all excited about your new track car. Don't know if this is any use Chris, in Atherton and prices start at £210 plus £115 for the test itself?

http://www.krisblund...CFQTjGwod-nYAtw

Being old has a few advantages, I already have a B+E licence from when they were giving them away for free.

Cheers Leon. Yeah, pretty gutting. I'm loathed to do the test, although those prices do look far more appealing.

http://www.krisblund...CFQTjGwod-nYAtw

Me too Leon. And a full bike licence from the time when if you could ride around the block without falling off then you passed your test.

Wow, i didnt realise it costs so much to upgrade your license.

Fortunately for me I passed my test well before the requirements came in. I remember at 17 my dad sending me off down the local market with a trailer to collect some furniture he had bought. Fortunately years of towing caravans with my dad meant I could happily reverse a trailer into very tight spots without any issues.

I too have considered buying a car trailer, but the problem for me would be having it sitting on the drive doing nothing for most of the year vs just hiring one occasionally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had my first drift day at Oulton since about 2011 last week. Little vid below. The Rx8 handled far better than my previous Rx7 and E36 i'd used there before. Had trouble with it overheating though... it blew the fan fuse 3 times (twice on track, once on the way home). Common problem apparently, the airbox mounts drop and impede the fan. Should be an easy fix.

I've also booked Anglesea in August for a full track day.

Edit - i'm the tall one.

Edited by marzman
  • Like 3

Oh god please don't put songs over videos like that, we want to hear car noises :(

Any issues with fuel cut on low fuel? The one my friend runs is always doing that mid-corner if the tank is below half full, most frustrating thing ever as it's not like it's got bags of torque to pull you out of a hole when it's cut all power!

Oh god please don't put songs over videos like that, we want to hear car noises :(

Any issues with fuel cut on low fuel? The one my friend runs is always doing that mid-corner if the tank is below half full, most frustrating thing ever as it's not like it's got bags of torque to pull you out of a hole when it's cut all power!

Nah the car sounds are terrible from the GoPro as it's in the waterproof case. Needed to cover the awful quality.

No fuel cut problems... and the DSC could be turned off fully by holding the button for 10 seconds.