370Z or Audi TTS

370Nut

Hey guys

Long term lurker on the forums

I had a silver 350z for a number of years and moved on to some other cars

I'm back on the hunt again for a nice 370z , however I'm torn between the 370z and 4 wheel drive Audi TTS variety only

Would love to hear any feedback on anyone who has driven both

Obviously the Z is more exclusive , looks better and sounds awesome with the right exhaust

The Audi's AWD handling is tempting me along with the tuning potential - stage 2 + easily obtainable 340bhp / 360 tq , interior also very nice

I always found the clutch and steering mega heavy on the 350z , the car felt heavy to hustle , is the 370z a nicer better handling drive from the old 350 ?

any comments appreciated

No experience of either BUT I'd say book a test drive in both, well out of London to get a better idea of what they are really like.

True , I always find test drives a bit limiting with the sales rep rambling on !, just want to be thrown the keys for 30 mins ! , never happens though !

No experience of either BUT I'd say book a test drive in both, well out of London to get a better idea of what they are really like.

True , I always find test drives a bit limiting with the sales rep rambling on !, just want to be thrown the keys for 30 mins ! , never happens though !

In that case when you call or in the dealership, be firm and explain you want to drive it properly, not just tyre kicking :)

• Like 1

As others have said, go and drive them yourself as everyone is different. What I like, you may hate and vice versa. I had a round a month with a diesel TT which is obviously a totally different beast to the TTS, but I did really enjoy it. It was quick and comfortable and a very nice place to be. They aren't exactly the last word in dynamism though and although a quattro it was almost 100% fwd and felt totally inert when pressing on. Would I buy one over a 370Z... probably not...

The power and tune-ability are definitely a draw, but i doubt you would ever fall in love with the TT, where as you probably would the Zed. The TTS is probably the nicer car and quicker from A to B, but I would suggest it won't be as much fun or as involving.

All imho ofc. :)

• Like 1

Had a 225 quattro before my 350z and liked it a lot,however preferred the feel of the steering on the z.Audi was great in the snow which we have up here sometimes. :teeth: I now have a 370 and it's a definate step up from the 350 lmo.The Audi probably quieter from the road noise point of view if that bothers you .

• Like 1

I'm used to noisy cars so tyre noise not a problem

I will no doubt get the Z mapped and and Exhaust etc , been reading about the new Uprev alternative - the Ecutek flashes with traction mapping which sounds interesting....

My old 350 used to hang its tail out in the wet big time with minimal provocation , the AWD of the Audi does have me thinking....

Really need to get out and have a drive of them

From a long-term owner of a zed and a V6 TT, there is no contest. Zed is a sports car, the TT/TTS/TTRS is reasonably quick numbers-wise but is a boring hairdressers' car. Comparatively poor feel, response, everything doesn't feel quite right.

Reliability on the TT was woeful. Everything that can ever go wrong on a car has gone wrong. Things that should never go bad like door handles or water ducts under the bonnet go bad. All the time. If you visit the TT V6 / TTS owners club, you can tell the difference by the number of threads about fixing stuff vs anything else compared to here.

I don't know about the very new models, but would not touch the Mk2 with a barge pole

• Like 1

I really enjoyed both cars..........but for very different reasons

the TT was a far more practical car and drove like it was on rails, but if you wanted to let it loose ......... it was quite difficult. The AWD was superb in the snow :)

The 370 was a much better looking car, although the TT wins on interior - but only just

which would I choose - the 370, but would never turn down a TT

this is obviously my taste and opinion - as other have said - you need to try them - I was always able to manage unaccompanied drives of 24hours if they could see you were genuinely interested

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Did you go for the zed? I got an S3 after a 350z. Same engine as the tts, they are good fun but very different cars to drive hard to compare being turbo vs N/A. Stage 2+ could see you with up to 385bhp, big gain to be had but will cost around £3k to reach! I miss the zed just for the feel, very tempted by going back for a 370 great looking car!

I chose the A45 rather than an Audi as a replacement for the 370, needing two extra seats and based on reviews at the time (2014).

So not able to comment on the Audi but as the Merc 4 wheel drive, when needed, what I would say is that both are not 'drivers cars' in the same sense as the 370 and you take far more liberties, especially in the wet.

So ask yourself how much you value having control over a car on the limit or in adverse conditions, or given power ouputs having driver aids is wise.

Me, I miss the 370 drive and found it was a far more nicer place to be in the cabin but although there is bugger all difference on the road in real terms compared to the 350, the fun factor with the DE 350's being more 'raw' had their appeal, but I would still choose another 370 over a 350 if circumstances permit in due course..........