Abbey Motorsport VQ35 built in a Nissan PS13 V6 drift car

Mark@Abbey m/s

We been building this car for sometime VQ35 powered drift car.

VQ35 forged rods and pistons, dry sump set up , Owen Developments GT42/40 turbo ASNU injectors.

Built for Steve "Baggys" Monster sponsored drifter.

Made some big numbers on our in house Dynapack running on E85 , will post the plots up later.

dmN1M4.jpg

But it makes some major smoke we found out last week on our 1st run out.

https://www.facebook...54347760971389/

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 5

We been building this car for sometime VQ35 powered drift car.

VQ35 forged rods and pistons, dry sump set up , Owen Developments GT42/40 turbo ASNU injectors.

Built for Steve "Baggys" Monster sponsored drifter.

Made some big numbers on our in house Dynapack running on E85 , will post the plots up later.

dmN1M4.jpg

But it makes some major smoke we found out last week on our 1st run out.

https://www.facebook...54347760971389/

Linky no worky

Got to ask why go vq not VK or LS

VK is to big and with a wide V angle doesn't fit in the PS13 bay very nicely.

LS why be like a sheep and we already have another drift car with a LS in and the Turbo VQ totally blows it away with BHP anf torque numbers.

The VQ is super light very compact and is a Nissan engine we work with heavily @ Abbey Motorsport so it was a good project to get involved with. We have these fitted in a number of different cars already in different specs.

We have 51% front/49% front to rear weight distribution with this set up.

• Like 3

LS why be like a sheep and we already have another drift car with a LS in and the Turbo VQ totally blows it away with BHP anf torque numbers.

Looking forward to the figures compared to what the crate LSX engines are doing now

Looking forward to the figures compared to what the crate LSX engines are doing now

We know what a LSX will give as we have one of those on Baggys other drift car.

I have the video but it is in a MP4 configuration so I cant post it. Can someone do this for please?

thanks

Hi Mark, send it over to me and I'll get it uploaded for you. I can PM you my email address if you want to do it that way?

Well back and sorted after the IDC Rd1 @ Mondello Park last weekend. Good weekend few teething issues made it through to the TOP16 which was pretty awesome as the quality of the driver in Ireland is so good.

We didn't make it through from the TOP16 had a gremlin shows its ugly head in the 1st run , which I have worked out to be a £5-00 connector , we are blown away with how well the VQ motor runs, Baggsy cant stop wanting to drive the car and make some smoke.

Little video only for you guys on the Forum of the 2nd run in Qualifying.

thanks

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...