Pug meets Morgan

Ekona

Im not denying that was a extremely nobbish thing of the morgan to do, but from my own driving style I would've thought the Peugeot could have been more aware at what was happening?

This really, no doubt the Morgan shouldnt have pulled out but you should be waiting for this kind of thing to happen all the time, Id ike to think Id have just puled to the right and gone past him if it was me ........ or at least tried.

Its like when you see something in the road, you should be aware enough to steer round it, I think our Pug man could have been a bit more on the ball :)

No way could he have steered round the Morgan, there was a signed island just at the point you'd need to start turning and then there was no space to react at all. He did exactly the right thing in not steering, else he'd either have spun off and been his own accident with no-one to claim from, or he'd have clipped the Mog and they'd both be spinning off into various bits of landscape with far worse consequences.

In hindsight I agree he could've predicted it, but most normal drivers don't look further than the end of their nose when driving anyway :lol:

I have to say I thought the same as docwra he could have gone round the mog, I watched it again, the island does restricted that option I recon in a decent "sporty" car he could have got round him so maybe if the pug was the mog they could have missed each other, BUT taking on board other comments - age of the pug the fact he was under heavy breaking I doubt that even if he had turned the wheel he would have made it round and if he didn't the impact could have been worse.

Mind you if he had of had a sporty car with decent tyres and brakes he probably would have managed to stop anyway. :shrug:

Morgan never seen or misjudged the speed of the pug IMO, however, the pug probably needs their brakes checked, because they didn't seem to scrub much speed off in the few seconds that he SHOULD have seen the Morgan pull out. I say should because he may not have been paying attention to the road either, or possible speeding.

IMO its all the Morgans fault, he was joining a carriageway and should not have done so until it was safe to do so. Even if the pug was speeding, that didn't cause the accident, the Morgan driving without due care and attention did.

Agree with all this , Morgan driver clearly a muppet and didnt see him or more likely misjudged the speed of the 206 but those Peugeot brakes do seem poor , even after the impact it takes a lot to stop it

Morgan never seen or misjudged the speed of the pug IMO, however, the pug probably needs their brakes checked, because they didn't seem to scrub much speed off in the few seconds that he SHOULD have seen the Morgan pull out. I say should because he may not have been paying attention to the road either, or possible speeding.

IMO its all the Morgans fault, he was joining a carriageway and should not have done so until it was safe to do so. Even if the pug was speeding, that didn't cause the accident, the Morgan driving without due care and attention did.

Agree with all this , Morgan driver clearly a muppet and didnt see him or more likely misjudged the speed of the 206 but those Peugeot brakes do seem poor , even after the impact it takes a lot to stop it

The pug driver didn't run into the Morgan due to the perceived shortcomings of brakes/tyres on that car, he ran into it because the bellend that was driving the Morgan was, well, a bellend who tried to pull off a dangerous manoeuvre. If the Morgan had waited, or pulled out sensibly, there would have been no impact, 'poor' brakes or not.

Yes of course if the Pug had no brakes it would still have been the Morgans fault that's not in dispute at all but there is no doubt many many cars if not most could have easily slowed sufficiently in that time

• Like 1

I have to say I thought the same as docwra he could have gone round the mog, I watched it again, the island does restricted that option I recon in a decent "sporty" car he could have got round him so maybe if the pug was the mog they could have missed each other, BUT taking on board other comments - age of the pug the fact he was under heavy breaking I doubt that even if he had turned the wheel he would have made it round and if he didn't the impact could have been worse.

Mind you if he had of had a sporty car with decent tyres and brakes he probably would have managed to stop anyway. :shrug:

If he had a sporty car with decent tyres and brakes he probably would have been further up the road so no need to brake !!!

• Like 2

If he had a sporty car with decent tyres and brakes he probably would have been further up the road so no need to brake !!!

Yep and if he'd had wings and a jet engine he could of flown over it or maybe giant extendable shocks to go over it....

tranformer%2Bcar.JPG

tranformer%2Bcar%2B2.JPG

:lol::D;)

• Like 4