Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

I would genuinely rather Labour win outright than have a hung parliament, as that would likely mean a coalition of Labour, SNP, LD and Green to get them over the magic mark for power. That is just going to be one massive clusterf*ck.

If it's that badly hung, I suspect we'll get another election in six months if that.

• Like 1

Ah, democracy at work again, it may not make sure you get an effective government, but it does tend to give you the government you deserve. It's all good, cheaper parts for me! Yay!

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

Well, I'm sure Corbyn is happy but this result really helps no-one at all. Can't see TM sticking around, she's dropped a huge b*llock here.

However, on the upside Salmond lost his seat :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• Like 2

Good morning fellow readers. A lot of interesting/different stuff to analyse with some really unusual results in different parts of the country. Unfortunately the net result will cause a lot of uncertainty which is unhelpful at this point, whatever your political viewpoint. Looks like younger vote may have been more active than previously.

Oh dear, lots of Brexit issues ahead. I voted labour but a majority government whatever party would have been preferable to a minority one!

Always pleased to see Caroline Lucas retain her green seat. TM has been rumbled and I wouldn't be surprised to see us going back to the polls within 2 years.

I think it's now been proven that social media has caught up with and one could argue overtaken mainstream tabloid press. Defiantly an influence on the younger voter.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1

Right, we didn't get the result we wanted. Lets March on London and chain ourselves to gates or invade a few airport runways and stamp our feet till they bleed.....

Or we could suck it up and make the best of the mess we are now in.

This has to be one of the worst election campaigns (and results) i've ever seen, I expect Brexit talks to be delayed and endless infighting for 3 months before a new GE is called for January. May really did drop the ball on this one, so far ahead in the approval ratings pre-campaign and rested on that to make her a certainty, her lack luster campaign and somewhat grey manifesto has really done for us all on this one.

• Like 1

I'm not even sure a new GE in a few months would give a different result. It would need the Tories to do something massively different to get a majority, which basically means BoJo. I love that guy, but I'm not convinced I want him in place for Brexit talks. Labour are a billion miles from a majority, even with the best election campaign for years, so there's nothing really more they can do there.

Either way, this is all happening at the worst possible time, both for Brexit and for the markets as my holibob money will now cost me a shedload more :(

• Like 1

I agree another election won't help,the country is massively split at the minute and I think the result would be the same. Ironic JC wants TM to resign considering the amount of time his own party had called that for him.

• Like 1

Tories get rid of May and jump into coalition with DUP? Similar aspirations on brexit...pretty sure I heard Thornberry say last night no deals with Labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here comes Boris.....;)

I guess we can speculate why TM lost the vote, her, the campaign, the manifesto etc, but seeing as Labour was on the rails and lets be fair, Corbyn lacked party and public support not 4 weeks ago and still managed to pull something out the bag, a phrase I heard on Sky this morning, he sold the dream, so maybe a refresh with the Tories might sell their dream better, 2 months could be a long time in politics.

Some very interesting and close run results, just 22 votes in some places, but every cloud has a silver lining, snp getting an equally as bigger kicking as the tories :)

• Like 1