Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

then quite simply you have no right to comment on anything - fuel, taxes, cost of parts (because they might be imported) etc etc etc

no offence but this is such a ridiculous comment strudul

And I don't, I just accept things for how they are...

I took the same approach to Brexit. I disagree with the uninformed and mislead public making a decision on something they are not qualified to make a decision on, which includes myself.

All it takes is a few hours reading to get a little background on what it is your voting for :)

• Like 2

And yet, if you break the points down into a more rational state, they're pretty much how I feel about Labour's plans. Not to the extreme of terrorist's friend or that nonsense, but not entirely unreasonable.

From a purely English language/media POV though, that's one of the best front pages The Sun have done for many years. It's absolutely stunning in terms of hitting their targets bang on, and the artwork is superb. Fish carcass on the bin lid :lol:

• Like 1

Somewhat ironic that by aiming for low IQ low engagement voters they want them to vote for the party that will ultimately screw them. Wasn't that long ago the Sun were campaigning for a leave the EU vote against the nasty Tories who just care about the rich :dry:

Problem is, if Labour lose, all we'll here about is how people were swayed by the likes of the 'Current Bun', rather than people like Dan who are well read (but not red) on the subject. Wonder if there'll be protests and marching in the street.

Problem is, if Labour lose, all we'll here about is how people were swayed by the likes of the 'Current Bun', rather than people like Dan who are well read (but not red) on the subject. Wonder if there'll be protests and marching in the street.

yup and by millennials who all want it 'Thier' way then stamp their feet and cry because it wasn't so, **** i hate my generation.

I know it says liberals but for the most part it might aswell say millennials

19073769_10159106908110508_2046511343_n.jpg?oh=c37f9e8d7ce4d7d05ff741643ac34f21&oe=593B79F6

Edited by StevoD

I can almost guarantee there will be very strong protests (I hesitate to use the word riot) in major cities if the Tories win today. It almost makes me want to see Labour win, just to see if we get the same thing from right-wingers.

And of course, anyone who voted Tory will be called evil and morally bankrupt and that we wrecked the country. I just want the best for my country, I couldn't really care less who was in power as long as they make things better. If Labour win and they can make things better without screwing me to the wall then I'm all for it. :)

• Like 2

Part of me wants to see Labour win, and when/if things go wrong, see what the die hards say. I don't believe its going to be Rosie if things are Blue, brexit seems like an impossible task to do well.

then quite simply you have no right to comment on anything - fuel, taxes, cost of parts (because they might be imported) etc etc etc

I took the same approach to Brexit. I disagree with the uninformed and mislead public making a decision on something they are not qualified to make a decision on, which includes myself.

All it takes is a few hours reading to get a little background on what it is your voting for :)

My point being that a little background is nowhere near enough to make an informed decision.

- How can you make an informed decision without knowing all the facts?

- How can you know all the facts when they aren't provided or are lied about?

- How can you make a choice without considering all the implications and knock-on effects?

- How can you think you know better than someone with a Master's in economics who spends their life trying to find the best solution?

In my opinion, voting under these circumstances would be ridiculous and irresponsible. Yet you get people who can't even manage their own finances thinking they know best how to manage a country...

I can almost guarantee there will be very strong protests (I hesitate to use the word riot) in major cities if the Tories win today. It almost makes me want to see Labour win, just to see if we get the same thing from right-wingers.

And of course, anyone who voted Tory will be called evil and morally bankrupt and that we wrecked the country. I just want the best for my country, I couldn't really care less who was in power as long as they make things better. If Labour win and they can make things better without screwing me to the wall then I'm all for it. :)

That's fine, I don't mind what lefties with an inflated sense of entitlement call me :D

If you don't want to vote because you believe that everyone is a liar then you should protest against the system by going down there and spoiling the paper. If you feel that strongly then get down there and do that, they get counted and if they are big enough they will start to count for something.

• Like 3

If you don't want to vote because you believe that everyone is a liar then you should protest against the system by going down there and spoiling the paper. If you feel that strongly then get down there and do that, they get counted and if they are big enough they will start to count for something.

I clearly gave more reasons than that, but okay.

Yes, I disagree with the system, but if you refer to my previous post:

I just accept things for how they are...

My point being that a little background is nowhere near enough to make an informed decision.

- How can you make an informed decision without knowing all the facts?

- How can you know all the facts when they aren't provided or are lied about?

- How can you make a choice without considering all the implications and knock-on effects?

- How can you think you know better than someone with a Master's in economics who spends their life trying to find the best solution?

In my opinion, voting under these circumstances would be ridiculous and irresponsible. Yet you get people who can't even manage their own finances thinking they know best how to manage a country...

Do two people post from this account?

• Like 1

Very true, not voting shows you have no opinion. Spoiling the ballot shows you're unhappy with all candidates, or the system.

I wonder how many young people know this.

Cliche I know, but the percentage of spoilt ballots is too low for mine to make a difference and I'm happy enough to just go with the majority.

That being said, what % of spoilt ballots is required for something to be done about it?

Edited by Strudul

They same the same about voting lib dem :lol: . The difference is Lib dem advertise, its not advertised that you can spoil your ballot. Not sure what the % needs to be to be honest. But doing something is better than doing nothing...unless you're playing musical statues

• Like 1

I clearly gave more reasons than that, but okay.

Yes, I disagree with the system, but if you refer to my previous post:

I just accept things for how they are...

So in effect you are against democracy? You sound like someone who would prefer an autocracy? I am not sure what exactly the point is? You will never have the full facts in many things in life you just have to do the best you can, in fact the majority of your life is spent making decisions without the full facts or the ability to get them. One of these people are going to rule over the country for 5 years, you are either in choosing or out - if you are out, then there is no complaints whoever gets in and the policies they implement.

At the 2015 GE 100k papers were spoilt, millions of people didn't vote. Now there could be lots of reasons why people didnt vote but a lot of it is apathy wrapped up in a perceived hatred for politics, plenty of it is though a cannot be bothered attitude to it. But its here to stay, unless you do something about it. If you choose not to and are just in the mindset to be some sort of victim in all this and accept it, then thats your prerogative.

Im no Corbyn fan, but jesus christ what level of bottom feeding press we have to put up with in this country

The infantilisation of the front page just shows exactly how stupid the red tops think the voters are (The Mirror had the May version, for balance). I don't care who you support you'd be a mug to buy anything with this level of message on the front, they may as well just put WE THINK YOU'RE THICK on there.

• Like 2

So in effect you are against democracy? You sound like someone who would prefer an autocracy? I am not sure what exactly the point is? You will never have the full facts in many things in life you just have to do the best you can, in fact the majority of your life is spent making decisions without the full facts or the ability to get them. One of these people are going to rule over the country for 5 years, you are either in choosing or out - if you are out, then there is no complaints whoever gets in and the policies they implement.

At the 2015 GE 100k papers were spoilt, millions of people didn't vote. Now there could be lots of reasons why people didnt vote but a lot of it is apathy wrapped up in a perceived hatred for politics, plenty of it is though a cannot be bothered attitude to it. But its here to stay, unless you do something about it. If you choose not to and are just in the mindset to be some sort of victim in all this and accept it, then thats your prerogative.

Democracy itself isn't the problem, just the application. I wouldn't let a load of random people choose the car I drive when their viewpoint extends as far as "i like it cos it's blue", so why should they be allowed to choose how the country is run?

I refuse to make decisions without having as many of the facts as possible. I spent 2 years on and off deciding what car to buy and had already started weighting up options for the next one before I'd even bought it. Yes, there are plenty of times where I'm forced to rush into a decision, and I hate every part of it.

As for complaining:

I'm happy enough to just go with the majority.

Edited by Strudul

Given how much you like a good bit of research, and you're clearly not a completely unintelligent moron, I can't understand how you feel there's not enough information out there for to disseminate enough fact to make a reasoned decision.

You do masses of research into making an exhaust leak or filling a mount with rubber, but you won't do it for who's actually running the country? How odd.

• Like 2