My rx7 fd3s daily *apexi ecu now fitted*

redzed8

Even if the car didn't move it still looks so beautiful, ...must be a great feeling driving that thing around. B):thumbs:

It feels so good to drive it around, the looks people give you are great.

Also gets so much attention even just parked outside my house.

I love this car :)

• Like 1

Just downloaded google translate and can read all the paperwork that came with the car.

Car has braided brake hoses, sports cat, full service history,after market exhaust with pictures of the underside when fitted. 4 wheel alignment sheets, and some kind of mot/ emissions sheet.

Good to know the car was looked after before it came into the uk.

Such a good app it literally changes the japanese writing to english .

• 2 weeks later...

A few more little issues to sort out with the rx7.

Coolant seems to overflow about a cup full after a 20mile drive so ive ordered a new thermostat and coolant cap hopefully this will sort the issue.

Also looking to fit a vertical mount radiator soon when i find one.

Idle hunts on cold idle.

Pops and bangs flames when changing gear and seems to over fuel which im told is pretty normal.

Heres a pic with my rx7 and cousins r34 .

Thanks for looking.

IMG_20170623_231038_475.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went up my buddys saturday to fit an engine and also fit a new shifter bottom bush as mine was missing.

My cousin made me up one out of brass at work for free which fit perfect, we also changed the oil in the shift tower as it was gross.

Gunna ring tim tomorrow about a few issues which i want sorting, the car is rapid but the turbos arnt boosting 100% perfect . So il have that sorted hopefully.

IMG_20170729_190515691.jpg

IMG_20170729_104948997.jpg

IMG_20170729_104951722.jpg

IMG_20170729_112753_930.jpg

Edited by redzed8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks awesome. Yesterday i had a chat with a buddy i haven't seen for a while, he managed to import 1 silver FD from Germany. In reasonable fair state and she is now in process of restoring. Few rusty spots but nothing serious. 

From upgrades larger IC, Injectors Ohlins DFV and same Ecu like yours, carbon mirrors plus some fancy bits from Japan like re designed bumper and other bits. He is really into FD scene as he was living before in States and owned 2 over there. So yesterday I learned bit about FD magnificent.

• Like 1

Always had a soft spot for the FD, I would love to own one but its a bit beyond my budget xD. I saw a nice rolling shell and thought about trying to get it into working order but i dont have the space, not to mention trying to source a proper 13B would be a pain too many of the RX version ones :(. Guess ill stick to admiring from afar for now xD.

This was a fixer upper and to be fair to get it on the road including buying it was less then 4k , 

Now ive spent a small amount more then that but its still alot less then id have paid for a good one with the same 30k miles on the clock.

There slowly creeping back up in price now .

But still lots of bargains to be had online :).

2 hours ago, Redsky said:

Always had a soft spot for the FD, I would love to own one but its a bit beyond my budget xD. I saw a nice rolling shell and thought about trying to get it into working order but i dont have the space, not to mention trying to source a proper 13B would be a pain too many of the RX version ones :(. Guess ill stick to admiring from afar for now xD.

A 13b is a 13b dude, you cant confuse them, they even have 13b in embossed letters on the side.

13 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

A 13b is a 13b dude, you cant confuse them, they even have 13b in embossed letters on the side.

Sorry typo I meant to say the 13B in an RX-8, those are floating around a lot. From what i understand (which could be wrong) its still called a 13B but some of the internals are different? 

4 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Rx7 had a 13b-rew, Rx8 uses a 13b-msp, they look very different.

Yeah sorry thats what i meant sorry if i said it badly. I meant there was an RX-7 shell up for sale had everything barring the engine and transmission so i went looking and tried to find the RX-7 13B but I struggled to find any and they were all really expensive. There were loads of RX8 13B's but Ive heard they are worse in most regards than the RX-7 one, which confuses me a bit since you would assume progress but again I could be misinformed.