Japspeed K2 advice

matt94

Hi all,

currently looking at buying a japspeed k2 system (y-pipe back). I have read a lot of very contrasting opinions about japspeed.

- i drive a 2006 face lift model, will the k2 fit? it says only for the 2003-2005 on their website however i cant imagine there is a lot of difference in the later models.

- what is the general fit like? do they fit to the oem y pipe? do they fit nicely or do they need adjusting or other mods?

- how long do they last? i have read a few reviews saying they basically rattle to bits? hopefully its something that has been improved over time.

thanks in advance, Matt

My K2 fits ok, wouldnt say its fantastic though. I enjoyed how it sounded until I fitted sports cats, in which at WOT its become so raspy. A new exhaust is on the cards to be fair, may try the K1 now as the bigger exhaust will also look better with my chargespeed rear bumper

Got a Japspeed K1 for my 350, aside from the fact the y-pipe bolts had to be drilled out as they snapped when tightening the mid-pipe it fits perfectly. No issues and it was the cheapest on eBay. That being said it is bloody loud.

Personally I'd stay clear of the K2 as fitment of mine was very poor and like you said started rattle to bits. I ended up replacing again eventually . Save a bit more , get a scorpion or a cobra and save yourself some money in the long run.

Edited by SHEZZA