Recaro Cross Sportster CS

Dracostan

Are the Recaro seats in the 370Z Nismo a full seat, or are they just Recaro backs on the standard base?

From images I have seen it looks to be the second kind:

05-2014-Nissan-370Z-Nismo-fotoshowImage-38d9d3ce-779107_04_zps4lmtqdyj.jpgRECARO_Sportster_CS_Ohne_Rad_zpsn0kc1mnd.jpg

Reason I'd like to know is the standard GT seats are a bit narrow in the base bolsters, making longer journeys a literal pain in the butt! The bolster bars are too high, even when I've wound the seat base as high as it will go, so I'm looking to get new seats.

I like the look of the Recaro's and as they are fitted as OEM to the Nismo, means it should be a straight swap - depending on what the base is! Could a Nismo owner / someone in the know let me know :)

Otherwise, anyone fitted these seats? What seat rail/base is available for fitting?

Cheers :)

Draco

I'm still fine tuning the seats in my MKII Nismo for comfort. However they are FAR more uncomfortable than the stock seats in my old GT spec. The rear part of the base seems far narrower, and less padded giving me a dead leg/bum after a few hours driving.

Or perhaps it's just the taller side bolsters on the base digging into my legs.

But just look how pretty they are!! Worth the pain all day long :D

how much would second hand 370z mk2 nismo seats cost roughly?

Not sure on these seats, but a member picjed up similar ones from a Juke RS I think (?). They were around £1,500 and that was considered a bargain.

Edited by mattross1313

I'm still fine tuning the seats in my MKII Nismo for comfort. However they are FAR more uncomfortable than the stock seats in my old GT spec. The rear part of the base seems far narrower, and less padded giving me a dead leg/bum after a few hours driving.

Or perhaps it's just the taller side bolsters on the base digging into my legs.

But just look how pretty they are!! Worth the pain all day long :D

how much would second hand 370z mk2 nismo seats cost roughly?

Not sure on these seats, but a member picjed up similar ones from a Juke RS I think (?). They were around £1,500 and that was considered a bargain.

Might not a good idea for me the 6'2 17 stone lol

I'm of the same stature too... all this is rather disappointing - once again a car designed for small people!

I like the look of these Recaros; other makes / styles all seem to have the exaggerated bolsters /supports that are frankly not required for most applications

Oh well, thanks for all the replies - I guess I'll keep looking and will just have to get one of these in the mean time ! :)

rBVaHVXr1LWAUgagAAIEauVuRu4486_zpsqrblldf3.jpg

Cheers

:) Draco

The Braum Racing Elite seats look good in the white leather version:

370z-braum-racing-elite-seats-pair_zps4odszukk.jpg

but the description does say 'Fits up to 38†waist' - I'd be interested to know how how firm a limit that is, or whether it can accommodate a lardier arse than that, as the base bolsters do look low ! Adrian??

Edited by Dracostan
  • Like 1

The Braum Racing Elite seats look good in the white leather version:

but the description does say 'Fits up to 38†waist' - I'd be interested to know how how firm a limit that is, or whether it can accommodate a lardier arse than that, as the base bolsters do look low ! Adrian??

On it, I've emailed Nathan, awaiting reply :) What's your waist size? (such a personal question, I know :lol: )

Cheers for chasing that for us Adrian - bit of a bugger the Elites would be tight for us larger lads!

Unfortunately, the S8 and Advan have the high base bolsters that I was trying to avoid and don't come in the white leather option (at least not listed).

Guess I'll keep on looking!

:) Draco

• 8 months later...
On 17/04/2017 at 18:42, nrenz123 said:

The Nismo seats are the Recaro backs with the "standard" base.

That is not true as I have got the seat diagrams from Nissan.

The seat is a basic Recaro CS with airbags

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=2010&g=247207&p=186792&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Seats - Reclining&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0L_nzefP2AIVwh4bCh16aAIAEAQYAiABEgIGsPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Bikeracer

On 11/01/2018 at 14:54, nissanjuke said:

looking for yellow and black seats for my car, any recommendations ????:wacko:

Could get the Recaro CS in Black and get the back of the seats painted yellow

ADB34_FDE-31_C2-4_FF4-_AF6_C-_A192_B6880

43_DBD805-6592-428_F-8509-0528_B919288_D

Edited by Bikeracer

On 13/01/2018 at 14:08, nissanjuke said:

IM DROOLING OVER THESE SEATS, is that sad?  :thumbs:

Not at all, Ive just bought some for my BMW and they are absolutely gorgeous. However a friend of mind has just paid less for an 05 plate 350Z than I did for the seats :scare:

Big fan of the CS's. Had them in my Clio 197, one of the nicest seats I've sat in, really supportive and having done a few trips to the ring, and frequent 180 mile motorway runs, never had a problem.

I'm always on the lookout for a decent pair for the 370, they hold a high price tag though!