Thinking of changing from my GT coupe to non GT roadster

Hursty

Hi, i have had my 350Z for a month or so now. I have a 53 GT coupe with all the extras bar sat nav which i love.

But have been offered a low millage 05 roadster for a very good price; but im wondering how much i will miss all the GT extras, such as phone, leather, stereo upgrade, leather etc... and also if there are any other things that will be different such as performace or handling?

The only reason im thinking of changing it as miss not having a rag top as had an M roadster and TVR before this so always been able to drop the top!

I have a non GT roadster and my previous car was a top spec 206CC with leather and I didn't miss it.

Cruise control would be useful but not the end of the world. Stereo upgrade would also be nice but the one in the non GT is perfectly acceptable.

I was similar to yourself. I wanted a roadster and didn't want to stretch to a GT model and didn't want a coupe where I could have afforded a GT one.

Months after getting the car I moved house and my mortgage doubled so I was right in my choice financially.

I've gone from GT coupe to non-GT coupe. I don't miss the cruise or the electric seat adjustment. I don't miss the leather - lets face it, Nissan's leather isn't the best anyway. I do miss the heated seats on cold mornings and I miss the BOSE.

IMHO the standard stereo doesn't sound as good as the one in Mrs Digsy's Micra. However, the non-BOSE system is easier to upgrade to something which sounds far better than the BOSE itself. :)

HTH

IMHO the standard stereo doesn't sound as good as the one in Mrs Digsy's Micra. However, the non-BOSE system is easier to upgrade to something which sounds far better than the BOSE itself. :)

HTH

That could be due to the car being smaller, therefore the sound seems to fill it more. Its all down to acoustics. :thumbs:

Agree with the points already made.

I never use the cruise control, electric seats just add extra weight and the Bluetooth and Bose are not that good anyway.

When it comes to the leather, speak with Tim (Lomoto) and he can put you in touch with the people who retrimmed his seats, which imo, look better than Nissan's anyway.

Well i reckon i would keep it quite a while and not put many miles on it really as have a 205 diesel i use for work, and use the missus corsa if we go anywhere i dont want to leave the Zed!

I would be taking out the stereo and fitting a touch screen sat nav that i have so could prob do the speakers at the same time. As for the leather, if i keep my eye open on ebay im sure they come up from time to time. So in essence could make it almost GT spec'd over time!

Just got to see if i could possibley shift mine in time i guess!

I have a non gt roadster with a non Bose stereo that works fine. I will soon have leather seats. Bluetooth doesnt work in the roadster anyway, I have new wheels so about the only thing I am short of is cruise control which used to be handy many years ago before the roads became so busy.

If you wanted to add the leather then people on here have had the re-trim done for about £350 IIRC. So to get the resale up / quicker it isn't as big an expense as a GT pack, but might help.

It all comes down to how much you like the features.

IMO the BOSE stereo is not worth it - better off just going for a simple after market system which you can swap into your next car too.

Personally love the heated seats and made a big difference this winter and I prefer the leather.

One thing to remember is that if you install leather into a non-leather car although its probably about the best value mod you can do its still a mod which will probably decrease your resale potential market as many would just want a standard car.

Surprising thread this, as the collective voice seems to be to go with the non GT over the GT.

I tended to think I was in the minority with my non GT as well :)

There's no escaping the fact that the GT pack considerably helps when selling and also improves residuals. The big question though, is how much of the £2500 cost do you actually get back when you sell?

Surprising thread this, as the collective voice seems to be to go with the non GT over the GT.

There's no escaping the fact that the GT pack considerably helps when selling and also improves residuals. The big question though, is how much of the £2500 cost do you actually get back when you sell?

Just depends on if you buy it second hand or not :thumbs: From new, i wouldnt bother, but second hand i would get GT every time IF i plan to sell it in a year or so, otherwise i would get a retrim :thumbs:

Whatever % you lose from the initial cost of the car will also apply to the £2500 :)

Therefore if a £30k non GT maybe be worth £15k in 4 years time a GT pack car would be about £16,250. Well, thats how I would view it if I was purchasing a zed. :)

Whatever % you lose from the initial cost of the car will also apply to the £2500 :)

Therefore if a £30k non GT maybe be worth £15k in 4 years time a GT pack car would be about £16,250. Well, thats how I would view it if I was purchasing a zed. :)

True, but as i found when selling mine, most were not interested if you had the standard model and actually cancelled appointments when they realised it was not the GT. Hence yes you may get slightly less money for it, however to sell it is actually harder so you may find that you get considerably less that you expect. :thumbs:

True, but as i found when selling mine, most were not interested if you had the standard model and actually cancelled appointments when they realised it was not the GT. Hence yes you may get slightly less money for it, however to sell it is actually harder so you may find that you get considerably less that you expect. :thumbs:

Used cars: everybody prefers the GT spec. which means it will harder to sell the non-GT spec car unless you price it significantly lower than the GT spec. £1k difference in price for a used car does not really do the non GT spec car any favours at re-sale time. there for IMO the difference in price will be more than £1k atleast in the used car market..if its not..then the GT spec alwasy gets sold.

Used cars: everybody prefers the GT spec. which means it will harder to sell the non-GT spec car unless you price it significantly lower than the GT spec. £1k difference in price for a used car does not really do the non GT spec car any favours at re-sale time. there for IMO the difference in price will be more than £1k atleast in the used car market..if its not..then the GT spec alwasy gets sold.

Where is that quoted from?