Orbital polisher

zelda

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a polisher but have borrowed one off of my dad which he's never used just to get a feel for how good a finish I can get before I go and spend the money.

When I powered it up last weekend, it vibrated quite violently.. so I didn't actually end up using it. Is it normal for a polisher to vibrate? I thought the pad just went round and round? :)

Cheers

Think it must be a DA then. It feels pretty uncomfortable to use..

Do you think I will notice a difference in final finish if I opted for just the rotary?

Or, would a better quality DA be better?

Youll find as the speed gets taken up itll balance out and feel more comfortable.

As with most things in life you get what you pay for. An expensive DA will be better balanced etc but will never give the results of an rotary.

A rotary however is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. Youll struggle to strike with a DA.....youll far more easily strike with a rotary (especially on Zed paint which is notoriously thin)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

An orbital is a dual action, rotary is not orbital and will never called it. I assume your dad's is one of the 2 handed like below? If it is, you'll not get much done with it except applying liquid wax or sealants a bit quicker.

61898_zzz_500.jpg