Hi guys

Hi All,

Hoping to be a 350 owner within the next few days..... it's a lovely example finished in azure blue, 2004 UK GT model with 50,000 miles on the clock.

I have no experience with these cars, my last being a Honda integra DC5.

Would anyone be able to let me know of the things I need to look out for when going to view it? I know the gearbox could be an issue?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sam,

I'm just reaching my two years anniversary of owning my Z and its been a superb couple of years driving her, 41k miles / immaculate condition no mods. I"m probably one of the least experienced members of this forum but a couple of things which have cropped up for me over this time were pretty straight forward but still required attention.

1 - Rad fans. despite my low miles my rad fans died a little over a year ago stuck in traffic on a very hot day, which i replaced with the excellent Mishimoto fans found on ebay. Total cost was approx £250 for fans and installation. You can easily test these when viewing by switching on the air con and ensuring that both fans are running but as you will see from a thread within this forum the fans are a classic problem on Z's. If they havent been replaced just keep an eye on the temp but thats an obvious point.

2 - Stereo. What a nightmare the stereo replacement was. I initially used Halfords who cocked up the entire new stereo replacement blowing my lights and a number of other fuses in the car. After a complaint to Halfords directly i used a very reputable company locally to install the Applecar play Pioneer head unit which looks and sounds fantastic costing £600 inc installation and fuse issue correction.

3 - Minor issue but stil an issue - boot struts. As i was grabbing something out of the boot the entire bloody boot decided to drop down on me which was bloody painful, however the replacement was easy self installation through eBay. Simple to find and replace but well worth the money. £60.

4 - Rear tires. Nothing much to talk about here but Avon produce an excellent Z tire which has the letter Z embedded around the sidewall. Its a minor touch but looks pretty good.

That's pretty much it apart from I'm currently looking to replace my rear lights with led or similar which is the reason i'm on the forum today but I'm struggling to find a reputable company here in the UK or Europe. The reason for the replacement is that one of the lights is allowing condensation to build which is minor but annoying. Apart from that the drive and experience over these two years has been superb, just dont switch off the traction control especially in the wet unless you're a seasoned expert in rear wheel drifting which i'm not. Bloody excellent car, sounds fantastic. Happy Z motoring.

Ryan - Shoebury - Essex - Uk

• Like 1

4 - Rear tires. Nothing much to talk about here but Avon produce an excellent Z tire which has the letter Z embedded around the sidewall. Its a minor touch but looks pretty good.

TYRES

And please don't anyone ever buy a tyre based on what sodding letter it has on the side of it, that's just ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

Hi Sam,

I'm just reaching my two years anniversary of owning my Z and its been a superb couple of years driving her, 41k miles / immaculate condition no mods. I"m probably one of the least experienced members of this forum but a couple of things which have cropped up for me over this time were pretty straight forward but still required attention.

1 - Rad fans. despite my low miles my rad fans died a little over a year ago stuck in traffic on a very hot day, which i replaced with the excellent Mishimoto fans found on ebay. Total cost was approx £250 for fans and installation. You can easily test these when viewing by switching on the air con and ensuring that both fans are running but as you will see from a thread within this forum the fans are a classic problem on Z's. If they havent been replaced just keep an eye on the temp but thats an obvious point.

2 - Stereo. What a nightmare the stereo replacement was. I initially used Halfords who cocked up the entire new stereo replacement blowing my lights and a number of other fuses in the car. After a complaint to Halfords directly i used a very reputable company locally to install the Applecar play Pioneer head unit which looks and sounds fantastic costing £600 inc installation and fuse issue correction.

3 - Minor issue but stil an issue - boot struts. As i was grabbing something out of the boot the entire bloody boot decided to drop down on me which was bloody painful, however the replacement was easy self installation through eBay. Simple to find and replace but well worth the money. £60.

That's pretty much it apart from I'm currently looking to replace my rear lights with led or similar which is the reason i'm on the forum today but I'm struggling to find a reputable company here in the UK or Europe. The reason for the replacement is that one of the lights is allowing condensation to build which is minor but annoying. Apart from that the drive and experience over these two years has been superb, just dont switch off the traction control especially in the wet unless you're a seasoned expert in rear wheel drifting which i'm not. Bloody excellent car, sounds fantastic. Happy Z motoring.

Ryan - Shoebury - Essex - Uk

Awesome write-up, and thanks for the advice, yes this 350 is totally standard too apart from the pioneer apple CarPlay installed! I don't see any downsides so far to ownership which is good, just a couple of niggly in-expensive but to be honest which I'm not overly bothered with.

Thanks again,

Sam

TYRES

And please don't anyone ever buy a tyre based on what sodding letter it has on the side of it, that's just ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh haa...actually i didnt, this was just something which happened by chance. Superb tyres.

HAS TO be fueled on super unleaded petrol, uk models are mapped for super unleaded, although our Irish members struggle to get super unleaded and run on 95 octane, but not sure if Irish cars are mapped differently, gear boxes on early models generally have weak syncros and crunch if your too quick changing gears. From what I've gathered it can be any of the gears, not just specific ones. Mines is 5th gear but as long as I slow down the change to a couple of seconds it's fine. There's lots a wee issues with the car (like all cars) but there pretty much all covered here on the forum with the fixes too.

:welcome:

• Like 1