Anyone using the Sony XAV-AX100 Head Unit?

ZedAndy

2 hours ago, craigmdennis said:

Reviving the thread as I've just bought and fitted the Sony XAV-AX100 into my 2005 Zed and I have a question about the fitment and facia.

Perhaps I have it misaligned but there seems to be more space at the bottom than at the top.

The facia that came with the head unit doesn't fit (due to the spacing issue) and the 350Z Double DIN facia adapter that I bought just in case won't allow the head unit through (seems to be a little small).

I'll try and post some images tomorrow but wondered if anyone who has fitted one could offer some advice. Did anyone run into similar issues?

I know it’s not a Zed but I had this exact same problem mounting it in my BRZ. In the end I just modified the brackets by elongating the holes, shifting the whole unit up about 5-10mm.

• 2 months later...
On 21/01/2018 at 13:00, craigmdennis said:

Yeah that's what I think I'm going to have to do. Everything is aligned bracket wise.

IMG_20180121_114941.jpg

How did you get it all wired up? Ive currently got a wire from the back of the new head unit not plugging in and the harness doesnt fit any of the connectors?

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2018 at 18:12, Liamm56 said:

How did you get it all wired up? Ive currently got a wire from the back of the new head unit not plugging in and the harness doesnt fit any of the connectors?

Sorry about the delay. I followed this guide: 

As well as the volume increase one (which I think is linked from the one above): 

I hope you got it all working.