Nuclear bombs are coming!

Ekona

In a non TWD inspired world such as real life, a two stroke enduro bike would be best. Simple. Powerful. Very easy to maintain. Light and agile.

Try taking a chopper or Harley into a forest and up a steep muddy Hill or riding through streams. And dodging it when it flips or the back slips from under you and what, 250kg? of bike lands on your leg and breaks it.

A KTM 300EXC is 100kg, has close to 55hp with a simple and reliable kick-start.

Not to mention the fuel economy of your big 1 litre plus bikes in a world where fuel would be extremely hard to find once everything had been pillaged.

But you'll look cool with your leather jacket and shades as you push it down the road.

Edited by TT350

Have you not seen movies? The bike kick-start will fail on you when you most need it.

Yes but as mentioned early on in my post I'm going for real-world application.

If you can't kick start a 2 stroke - summat wrong! Usually the spark plug. Or one time I poured 2 stroke oil directly into a tank of fuel only for it to sink straight into the carb' which I had to remove and empty.

Edited by TT350

I also like the idea of living on a tanker...but i image stealing one would be like stealing am aeroplane. Even if I snuck on I doubt I could pilot one. But you could grow food with some top soil on the deck. Have a small holding like in the good life but out at sea.

Now theres the winner, but imagining something more like the film Waterworld.

• Like 1

I live in Kent. The moment anything sounds like WW3 is en route, I am bundling all key stuff and the wife into the big bad Grand Cherokee. Half an hour to France and then drive as far into northern Norway as possible. No military targets, no population, thinnest possible atmosphere = shortest nuclear winter. Animals and vegetation north of the polar circle have highest radiation tolerance due to differences in Ozone layer = highest chance of them surviving therefore food is possible. Plenty of remote oil rigs and refineries to use as a base with unlimited fuel supply.

Sounds good to me!

I watched that episode of Only Fools and Horses last week where they build their lead bunker on top of a block of flats. They realised they couldn't make it to grandads allotment in under 4mins where they were originally going to construct it. So funny! :)

I'm up North so as other have said I would probably flee further North to the Highlands.

Does the Tesla radioactive air con setting seriously filter out radiation?

I don't know if the rest of the UK still has air raid/attack sirens but I remember hearing this a couple of years back because we have them here but it was the first time I heard it. I remember all my neighbours came out to listen, too. Eerie...

It's funny how people think they'll have time to flee or escape and to where? Obviously the Russians are far too polite to to drop any pesky nukes while you're en route, right? Or say "Right UK. Get to safety because were about to drop some nasty little bombs and do watch out for the cesium 137 it has a nasty habit of knocking your DNA and cells rather out of kilter!"

Between detection time, location of launch, determination of trajectory post booster burn out time, in the UK we'd have about 4 minutes warning.

Luckily I have a cellar with 2ft thick stone walls and it's well under surface level. So I'd get my white ass down there.

If anyone wants a nice game of chess they can play with me. Or we can play theatre wide global thermonuclear war on steam. Free.

Where I lived with my mum (as a youth not a creepy 40yr old virgin type) in Breedon, they have a limestone quarry and they used to use th eold air raid siren before they did any blasting. Its such an eerie sound. As kids we all used to hit the deck at the local primary school.

With the four minute warning issue, I think I'd rather not know. Does beg the question whether or not the government would inform us, or just sneak off somewhere

Where I lived with my mum (as a youth not a creepy 40yr old virgin type) in Breedon, they have a limestone quarry and they used to use th eold air raid siren before they did any blasting. Its such an eerie sound. As kids we all used to hit the deck at the local primary school.

With the four minute warning issue, I think I'd rather not know. Does beg the question whether or not the government would inform us, or just sneak off somewhere

Key members of the gov' would be warned by America as they have SAC/NORAD with their early warning sattelites and I presume that they'd attempt to keep some kind of infrastructure going even if that's just via long range radio communication and sattelite relays in bunkers.

They'd be warned instantly as a precaution and make their way to the nearest shelter.

We'd be warned when it was absolutely necessary and the danger verified, after they'd made it to the shelters. I presume to avoid chaos getting in their way of escape.

I bet there are thousands of people across the UK who have been selected to serve as part of whatever rises out of the ashes after a nuclear war and would be afforded shelter and know exactly where shelter is and recieve early warning, but sworn to absolute highest secrecy.

Edited by TT350

Well I know nothing of an escape plan...or do I? I may not be near London, but I live right next to RR nuclear sub plant, and various RR engines are still made in Derby. Probably not the first nuke target, but a strategic place non the less.

Watching that video it seems we're at the biggest risk when we are used as US's service station for the bombers. Thats when I'd nuke us

I said in another post, as allies of the US, they have a lot of strategic assets here.

Sorry guys. There'll be no packing up the family wagon to go to a 'safe place' for us.