Nuclear bombs are coming!

Ekona

Have a few drinks and wait for the inevitable preferably with the family but depends where everyone is – who wants to survive a nuclear holocaust? No food, no water it’s not like we live in America or a continent big enough to go all dooms day prep and Bear Grylls survival on is it?

Personally, instant vaporisation with little or no warning is preferable to slowly dying of starvation or radiation poising thank you very much.

Makes Note to buy a spare axe just in case :lol:

• Like 2

I think we can all agree we've made the wrong choice in car in the event of nuclear disaster. Alot of members on here struggle with inclines or speedbumps, bet the Deffender forums faire better :lol:

im sorry what was you saying

texan-offroading-fan-builds-lifted-nissan-350z-jportscar-with-his-girlfriend_2.jpg

• Like 5

On the serious side doesn't anyone else think this is all a bit OTT and false news.

Trumpton and his cult members getting a lot of stick for colluding with the Russians while campaigning for presidency and when the Trump (or his toupee which I think is really in charge) decides to throw his weight in to Syria and supposedly Russia however warning the latter he's going to throw 59 tomahawks their way (why 59 btw) giving them ample opportunity to move their assets so Trump now looks like he's not so cosy with Putin and he gets some relief at home.

I genuinely believe these events are serving the purpose for which they were intended and that was to take the heat off Trump then in a few months time him and Vlad will be playing golf again... the only thinkbis the mad nutter in North Korea, he's the loose cannon who hasn't read the script but will leave a cliffhanger at the end of the season ready for season 2.....

i think I'd go and grab a paper and head to the "library" for a bit of peace and quiet.

• Like 1

Should be no issues up here up in Highland Rural Scotland.

We are extremely self sufficient for food and drink.

Haggis, Aberdeen Angus, all makes of sheep, mineral water and Scotch Whisky all spring to mind. :thumbs:

Bring it on: :lol:

• Like 2

In the event of nuclear launch being detected on either side, the MAD protocol would be activated meaning nobody wins. Along with all the fallout and prevailing winds its unlikely you'd be safe anywhere, especially with a good dose of radiation. Rule of thumb (pun intended) is if you hold out your thumb in front of you, and the mushroom cloud is bigger, you're boned. The neighbour is a trident submarine commander and he's not been home for a while ;)

Me? Id probably pull up the deck chair, stick the sunnies on with a beer in hand and get the best tan of my life. While grumbling that the Zs not back from the shop yet, naturally

• Like 1

I'm working 2 mins from picadilly circus and 5 mins from the palace. No chance of me getting home in time so what's the point, take a nice gentle stroll to the Thames chill out for a bit and have a nice a peaceful afternoon. Didn't like fallout on the PS4 so don't fancy that much, just get it over and done with quickly instead of a painful death. Oh and a cold beer as I haven't had one in nearly three years! Laaarvely!!

There are strategic assets all over England. Air bases, power stations and so on. I would think Russia would eliminate targets here as well as the US to negate us as US allies.

The US has assets here in England, too. Squadrons of fighter jets, missile defence systems. It's entirely logical to me. If I were to launch a nuclear attack I'd make sure there could be no retaliation. Or minimal.

Electro magnetic pulse from a thermonuclear explosion would out electrical devices and if several nukes in the Megaton yield were used at different locations then the EMP would overlap. Total 'darkness'.

If they use anything like the 50 M/T Tsar Bomba then there'd be absolutely immense devastation. The Russians do have an ICBM that travels at 8km/second. Yep. Per second. And it carries a 47MT warhead.

Likely they'd use subs to surprise attack us after their ICBM's were in flight to the US. And the subs would carry SRBM'S with a cluster of warheads in each SRBM probably in the low K/T range. Just enough to to obliterate airbases.

Transportation would fail. People would be wandering around with burned out retinas if they were facing a nuke when it went off. 3rd degree burns too.

London would be hit. Canary wharf, houses of parliament and downing Street by SRBM from the subs.

Our infrastructure would completely and utterly fail.

This is why atomic war hasn't happened yet. You're either 100% in or 100% out. And that means taking out allies of your enemy.

If there was to be a nuclear exchange it'd escalate rapidly and result in M.A.D.

If you do survive, the land and waterways would be highly radioactive and assuming you didn't get a big dose of rays in the initial blast.

I'm not sure which missiles would be ground detonation or airburst. Ground detonation would result in much higher levels of contaminated earth and debris.

So with the outright devastation and speed at which Russia could inflict it on us, we'd be dog meat.

Think happy thoughts.

There are strategic assets all over England. .....................

So with the outright devastation and speed at which Russia could inflict it on us, we'd be dog meat.

Think happy thoughts.

Not a good outcome then ?

Aren't all the trident subs docked at the moment?

I thought there was always one out at sea?

There was a news story recently where there was outrage at them all being in dock being repaired or something along those lines...

Faslane would surely be a goner.

How far could you get on a bus if empty?

Schoolboy error.

RNAD Coulport.

Faslane only services Subs & surface craft, it doesn't store nuclear armaments - that makes it no different from Portsmouth or Plymouth.

I get that, but do they? Or is it only Faslane that actually does the servicing?

My point was you take out the launching system (the subs), not the weapons themselves. I assumed they were only ever serviced/maintained at Faslane, if not then fair enough.

They have been serviced / maintained at Devonport & Portsmouth before. The old resolution class were serviced at Rosyth before that.

The cores of the subs have also undergone reprocessing at Dounreay in the recent past.

Coulport has been the only load/unload and storage point for D2 warheads & before that, the Polaris missles.

Edited by -G-
  • Like 1

Pretty scary how talks between Russia and the USA are right now, will be military personnel that have waited for years for it to escalate. I just really don't see the situation being resolved anytime soon sadly, only getting worst. Now its become the norm to hear of attacks on the news. War is business, more like stupidity.

My Nan said once Trumps President, we're all doomed *she lives in Florida. Makes good sense to stock a pantry or similar.

EMP??? maybe id still be able to get about in my carb'd Sunny with no ecu lol

All the roads will be jammed as everybody will have the same idea, go home, grab the wife and go to bed...................got to be better than sitting on a UK motorway going nowhere :)

That's why I'm taking the truck...

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!"

:D

• Like 1