Nuclear bombs are coming!

Ekona

Right now Trump is poking both the Russians and North Korea with a sharp stick, so what happens if he pokes a little too hard and they decide to chuck some nukes in the direction of the US? For the purposes of this post (which is half-joking, half-serious) let's assume that wherever you're sat right now, you get a newsflash up on your phone or PC telling you that Russia or NK have fired a nuke at the US and that the US are about to respond in kind. What do you do?

I'm sat at work right now at Stansted Airport, so even if we assume that the UK decide to weigh in and get involved on the US side I reckon I've got at least a couple of hours before anything would hit the mainland (plus I'm not in a major city), so my first thought is to dash home, fill up the truck on the way, then grab the cats + some essential warm clothing + bottles of water (I do have these at home anyway) then head north. Maybe not that far, maybe just as far away from obvious targets/cities as possible, and then see what happens over the next couple of days. If nothing then I can go home, if it all kicked off then I should be safe from immediate fallout and can then plan where to aim for next.

Or should I just stay where I am as you don't think the UK would get involved at all? Or maybe try and dash across the Eurotunnel? Or maybe you live next to armed forces base or the centre of London and you reckon it's too late and you're f*cked whatever :lol: Be interested to see what others would do/think would happen.

I think somewhere around Portsmouth would probably be a more likely target than London. War ships of all sizes, submarines, RAF bases, aldershot army base and the whole of the Salisbury plains where a lot of tanks are kept etc. They'd all be within the outer thermal nucleation radius.

In all seriousness, we can certainly expect an adjustment of the doomsday clock in the coming days. Poking each other with sticks during the longest period of global peace in history, is just idi-fking-otic. I hope everyone wakes up from their delusions of power and glory soon.

Aren't all the trident subs docked at the moment?

I have watched the news, if North Korea did have a punt at us and aimed at London it would likely be so inaccurate it could go plowing into Yorkshire in any case!

• Like 4

Has TwoBears taken over your profile?

I mean really? Calculating what to do if there's a NUKE!

I don't care if I'm in a targeted city or not but just grab a girl and tell her it's the end. Then if it's not, no loss on either part!

• Like 2

I think somewhere around Portsmouth would probably be a more likely target than London.

I think the Russians have more than enough nuclear war heads to point several at every single city in Europe and have plenty left for spare!!

Nuclear weapons are the only reason we haven't had WWWIII, total utter annihilation is a great deterrent.

If it does happen, who cares, what you do at that point will mean bugger all. Personally I rather get engulfed in a massive fire ball than limp around with third degree burns waiting to die from radiation poisoning/starvation/infection.

oh wait, I forgot my car comes with a feature just for this kind of situation, so maybe I'll just go and drive to the nearest solar farm, plug in, stick on some music like The Ink Spots - Fallout style and watch the impending end of the world through the massive front windscreen......It'll be great till Spotify goes down, the nuclear winter starts and than the car runs of charge :D.

635791825456626286-tesla5.JPG

Edited by gangzoom

I quite fancy myself as a member of a small gang, roaming the wilds picking off the weakest. Yeah, I could do that. Just need an axe.

*makes note to buy new axe this weekend*

Well that's welcome news, I should only get a dusting of nuclear fallout, being just outside of Cambridge! Luckily my brother has recently moved into his house in Ayr so I have a north hideout should the worst happen.

Any excuse to buy an axe is a good excuse :teeth:

I quite fancy myself as a member of a small gang, roaming the wilds picking off the weakest. Yeah, I could do that. Just need an axe.

*makes note to buy new axe this weekend*

Lol. :wacko:

If an axe is all you've got then get ready to be shot with no chance of survival as they'll be no A&E running. :lol:

I think somewhere around Portsmouth would probably be a more likely target than London.

I think the Russians have more than enough nuclear war heads to point several at every single city in Europe and have plenty left for spare!!

They do, but that would be stupid as the fallout would hit russia. They'd hit a militarily important area to make a statement and cause massive losses in the people trying to fight them, claim it was preventative and protection from the forces coming to hit them. All the innocents were an unfortunate casualty of war. Hitting somewhere like London with no military significance would be suicide as killing millions of people for fun wouldn't go down well anywhere in the world.

Has TwoBears taken over your profile?

I mean really? Calculating what to do if there's a NUKE!

I don't care if I'm in a targeted city or not but just grab a girl and tell her it's the end. Then if it's not, no loss on either part!

Not what I'd heard mate - You may be OK but not so sure she would be ;)

:lol:

• Like 1