Headlight options

xxx180

These are the cheapest proven 'quality' facelift headlights available in the EU, as far as I know they are only available in black at this price, if you want the silver ones, better to find second hand units and polish them up. Their aesthetics apart from being black, are near identical to oem.

http://fullcartuning...ack-nissan-350z

Fitting facelift headlights is a doddle if your DE is equipped with factory bi-xenon, you will already have the 8 pin connector and a grounded ballast, the new lights will be plug and play. If however, you are HID main and Halogen hi, you will have a 6 pin connector and you will need to either make an adaptor or do some splicing. After that, make sure the ballast is grounded, add a decent pair of D2S bulbs (halogen hi beam cars have D2R bulbs) and you're in business. OEM ballasts are common to both setups, no need to buy new ones UNLESS the o-rings are perished, in which case, when you unseat and reseat them in the new lights, you won't have a good seal and they'll get condensation. I don't know if the rings are available separately or not to be honest.

I have the black headlights listed above, bought from the exact same shop (the quality and fitment are superb, the only difference between these and OEM that I can really quantify is that everything (plastics, wires, everything) is a bit thicker and more durable on the genuine ones). I then bought two engine loom side 8 pin connectors (mine is a US base model, therefore halogen hi beam) from the breakers on here, some new ballasts and bulbs from ebay (though I was in the unfortunate position of having some crappy aftermarket HID system courtesy of previous owner), and have got a hold of all the various pin assignments to do the conversion, after researching extensively. I'll be doing this after easter (Orthodox Easter) and I don't anticipate any issues.

Edited by Aashenfox

I have a similar issue, but a bit more complicated. I have moved to France and am looking to register it here. The OEM lights to convert it are 3k plus fitting !! so thats not an option. Can anyone help where i can buy them , UK or in europe. Thanks

These are the cheapest proven 'quality' facelift headlights available in the EU, as far as I know they are only available in black at this price, if you want the silver ones, better to find second hand units and polish them up. Their aesthetics apart from being black, are near identical to oem.

Fitting facelift headlights is a doddle if your DE is equipped with factory bi-xenon, you will already have the 8 pin connector and a grounded ballast, the new lights will be plug and play. If however, you are HID main and Halogen hi, you will have a 6 pin connector and you will need to either make an adaptor or do some splicing. After that, make sure the ballast is grounded, add a decent pair of D2S bulbs (halogen hi beam cars have D2R bulbs) and you're in business. OEM ballasts are common to both setups, no need to buy new ones UNLESS the o-rings are perished, in which case, when you unseat and reseat them in the new lights, you won't have a good seal and they'll get condensation. I don't know if the rings are available separately or not to be honest.

I have the black headlights listed above, bought from the exact same shop (the quality and fitment are superb, the only difference between these and OEM that I can really quantify is that everything (plastics, wires, everything) is a bit thicker and more durable on the genuine ones). I then bought two engine loom side 8 pin connectors (mine is a US base model, therefore halogen hi beam) from the breakers on here, some new ballasts and bulbs from ebay (though I was in the unfortunate position of having some crappy aftermarket HID system courtesy of previous owner), and have got a hold of all the various pin assignments to do the conversion, after researching extensively. I'll be doing this after easter (Orthodox Easter) and I don't anticipate any issues.

This part is wrong, bi-xenons are factory facelift headlights, if he had those, he wouldn't have to upgrade ;) Also, cars with prefacelift lights which are xenons, have an 8 pin connector, so that means ALL UK cars have 8 pin connectors. The only cars that may have 6 pin connectors are those from the USDM and JDM, I expect all EUDM cars to have xenons too, but I can't confirm that.

So yes, facelift headlights are completely plug and play in all UK cars :)

This part is wrong, bi-xenons are factory facelift headlights, if he had those, he wouldn't have to upgrade ;) Also, cars with prefacelift lights which are xenons, have an 8 pin connector, so that means ALL UK cars have 8 pin connectors. The only cars that may have 6 pin connectors are those from the USDM and JDM, I expect all EUDM cars to have xenons too, but I can't confirm that.

Thanks very much for the clarification. So all UK cars had the 8 pin! So as far as right hookers are concerned, only JDM halogen hi-beam will be 6 pin, right? We have euro cars here which are halogen hi (and 6 pin), so it must be a uk thing.

So these would be plug and play for UK DE cars? http://fullcartuning...ack-nissan-350z

I quite like them but can't be bothered with splicing wires etc

It's easy to check, if you have an 8 pin headlight connector, you're good to go. Based on Kyle's useful info above, if your car is UK, they will be plug and play, you shjouldn't even need to check the connector.

Edited by Aashenfox

Thanks very much for the clarification. So all UK cars had the 8 pin! So as far as right hookers are concerned, only JDM halogen hi-beam will be 6 pin, right? We have euro cars here which are halogen hi (and 6 pin), so it must be a uk thing.

The high beam isn't relevant, the main beam is. JDM can come with or with xenons and the headlamps look the same, the high beam in prefacelifts is always halogen and the main beam can be too. If EUDM cars are the same, then the 6 pin models will have halogens as main beam, not xenons as the extra 2 pins is for the self levelling control that xenon lights require.

All other sellers of these lights I've found state that they are for LHD cars and so give out the wrong beam pattern for the uk. I don't think these depo lights were ever made available in RHD spec but i may be wrong.

They definitely make them in both orientations, my boxes have an option sticker LHD. Torqen also has them, he's a UK seller, so I'd assume he has RHD units...

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/body-styling/lights/1927-350z-depo-blacked-out-bi-xenon-projector-headlight-set-315-1162pxush2.html

I really want a set of these depo headlights.

Torqen has only two sets left in stock and I think that's all there will be since they have stopped making them. I ordered one set the other day

Would be awesome for proper review on here dude! Wont be ordering them anytime soon as still recovering from the bodyshop bill. But there up there on my modifications list lol

I will be posting pics up and that when I finally get them set up. They do look smart so I'm hoping they go with the red should do I think.

• Like 1

Any chance you guys may have an idea of what type my lights are on my z. It's a late 05 plate but I currently don't have the car at the moment to check.

Ordered up the depo lights thinking it would be plug and play but think I may have screwed up :(

Edited by PPod

If you have a uk car they will be plug and play if what others had said above is accurate (all UK cars are 8 pin)

Even if you have the 6 pin plug for some bizarre reason, it's still no big deal,don't worry.

• Like 1