My tyres and wheels have arrived. Now im scared!

celiabaker

So ive just spend £1500 on wheels and tyres for my 350z and they look bloody massive!!!!! Now im scared they wont fit!

This is what i bought.

JR7's

18x9.5 et15 - 255/40/18

18x10.5 et15 - 265/40/18

Its lowered very slightly! Hope they fit! Only time will tell!

:surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

• Like 1

And be very careful when driving: You've reduced the stagger front to rear by half, so the car will be significantly more likely to snap oversteer than it was before.

Oh Great!!! I didn't know that!!!

Should I think about buying others?

And be very careful when driving: You've reduced the stagger front to rear by half, so the car will be significantly more likely to snap oversteer than it was before.

Nah just take your time getting used to it, either that or just hoon everywhere haha

Personally I would increase the rears to a 275/35/18, which would keep the stock stagger of 20mm plus give you a little extra grip over the rear as you've a wider contact patch., plus 275 will fit the 10.5" wheel better. :)

Your call though, if you're a competent driver and know what you're doing there's no reason you can't drive round the oversteer, just be aware that either the TCS will cut in much more often or simply run without it on and enjoy a very lively rear end.

• Like 1

Personally I would increase the rears to a 275/35/18, which would keep the stock stagger of 20mm plus give you a little extra grip over the rear as you've a wider contact patch., plus 275 will fit the 10.5" wheel better. :)

Your call though, if you're a competent driver and know what you're doing there's no reason you can't drive round the oversteer, just be aware that either the TCS will cut in much more often or simply run without it on and enjoy a very lively rear end.

I'm gutted :( I've got bugger all money after buying everything for it and I'm not an amazing driver no and I really don't want an ass ended car, I don't find stuff like that fun lol!! I will see if I can return the tyres or sell them.

It will definitely cut in and be far more intrusive than it is now. Trouble is, if she does that and hates it then she can't send the tyres back: Personally I'd sort before testing, as reducing the stagger isn't something that should be done lightly.

It will definitely cut in and be far more intrusive than it is now. Trouble is, if she does that and hates it then she can't send the tyres back: Personally I'd sort before testing, as reducing the stagger isn't something that should be done lightly.

I've looked into what I'm running at the moment and I'm on

225/50/17

235/50/17

Isnt that only 10mm staggered?

You've gone up a wheel size though, stock 18" tyres are 20mm.

Oh I see.

They are a tyre shop on ebay.

They have a 14 day returns as long as the tyres haven't been fitted (we haven't even taken them out the packaging) going to ask if they can exchange for 275 and I will pay the difference.

Thank you guys for your help, I should of put a post up before I ordered them :(

Oh well you live and learn!

• Like 1

Also Dan is being over protective if it was 225 and 235 he would have a point,

But with the large width I don't think you will have a problem, I would still go to 255/40/18 front and 275/40/18 rear as it was easily the most enjoyable set up I have ran from an enthusiastic driving point

• Like 1

Also Dan is being over protective if it was 225 and 235 he would have a point,

But with the large width I don't think you will have a problem, I would still go to 255/40/18 front and 275/40/18 rear as it was easily the most enjoyable set up I have ran from an enthusiastic driving point

So a 20mm stagger then :p

I run 275s on mine, I agree that it's not massively easy to break traction in the dry but in the wet it's very easy to do. Wider tyres means more aquaplaning.