[SOLD]27 years of Autocar magazines - Hertfordshire

roadtrip

Hi everyone,

Due to a house move these magazines need to go to a new home in the next few weeks. There are approximately 1,400 magazines in total from 1989 to 2017. They'd make a great reference library for anyone one has the time and space.

They're for collection from Tring, Hertfordshire. They will fit in a reasonably sized car but as they weigh about a ton (literally!) you will probably need a few trips or van that can take the weight. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Asking price is £1 (negotiable). :)

https://drive.google...WHRmRlp3dDlTaGM

Sorry for the link and not the photo, Google have changed the linking method again and I haven't worked out how to do it yet!

Might be worth sticking them on E-Bay. Back in 2003 I advertised my entire collection of Autosport magazines 1968-1992 with maybe 6 missing. I would have been pleased with a tenner but bidding went crazy and I finished up getting £150 and collected :) .

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

So these have now sold, not to a forum member though, maybe because there's not a lot of interesting Jap content! Got £30 for them which isn't bad. :)

Mods feel free to lock this thread.

I had a similar collection of various different car magazines. Whilst yours have sold now, what I did was to advertise each magazine individually on ebay, listing the cars covered etc. I sold literally hundreds of them for £3 each to enthusiasts who wanted to read up on old articles or cars etc. Took a bit of time/effort, but was so profitable I did consider buying more in bulk just to resell! :thumbs:

Edited by rabbitstew

I had a similar collection of various different car magazines. Whilst yours have sold now, what I did was to advertise each magazine individually on ebay, listing the cars covered etc. I sold literally hundreds of them for £3 each to enthusiasts who wanted to read up on old articles or cars etc. Took a bit of time/effort, but was so profitable I did consider buying more in bulk just to resell! :thumbs:

I've tried that before and if you're patient it can be a good earner, plus it gives you the excuse to look through them all again! Unfortunately I already have a pile of 'to go on eBay when I have the time' things which seems to be growing. :blush:

• Like 1