White car with black roof???

Mikevv

Hi guys, as you all know I get my Nismo soon ( Thursday ^_^ ) but I was wondering if anyone had a white 370z with a gloss black roof?

I don't quite get the reason people do it, having never seen a car in person with a different coloured roof, bar the M3 with a carbon roof.

Does it make the car look lower or something?

I'm debating getting my roof wrapped black in the future, but I want to see what it looks like first. Can anyone help?

I've posted in the photoshop thread but no luck yet - which is fair, the poor guy is constantly bombarded with requests!

If you have any pics post em up or if anyone is local to me can I come see your cars?

Cheers - Excitement is finally setting in :D

If you type in google 'white 370z with black roof' plenty of images come up?

I have a black roof on my Toyota, it works for me for a few reasons 1. hides the sunroof outline 2. make the car look more 'swooping' with the black look running all the way over with the front and rear windows 3. I have a rear sun visor and it makes it look less conspicuous

• Like 1

My roof is also wrapped in black. It creates a seamless line of dark over the car taking into account the front and rear screens, giving a smoother overall aesthetic. It would look wonderful on yours. :)

Some also get theirs wrapped in carbon to make it look like the fancy roofs you get on certain M-cars.

I've thought about it, for my white Nismo, but I'm a bit scared of the wrapper guy damaging the roof.

If you're worried that the wrap guy will damage your car, then you're using the wrong wrap guy!!

Done correctly wrapping should leave no marks or damage to your car. Else why would people get supercars wrapped.

Edited by mattross1313

I have checked with the manager of the branch, he has assured me that PPF is fine, and as the black roof is really not needed I didn't want to confuse him any more than the PPF did - He thought it was like a ceramic coating!

I will check on collection and get it in writing if I can wrap the roof/carbon dip interior bits etc - If not, I can wait ( hopefully ) until the balloon fee and then get it all done, make me fall in love all over again :D

The car has stretched me pretty thin so I won't be doing any crazy mods like new exhaust or anything like that, its a brand new car, I will only "mod" things when they break, if Nissan wont fix it under warranty :D

I have checked with the manager of the branch, he has assured me that PPF is fine, and as the black roof is really not needed I didn't want to confuse him any more than the PPF did - He thought it was like a ceramic coating!

I will check on collection and get it in writing if I can wrap the roof/carbon dip interior bits etc - If not, I can wait ( hopefully ) until the balloon fee and then get it all done, make me fall in love all over again :D

The car has stretched me pretty thin so I won't be doing any crazy mods like new exhaust or anything like that, its a brand new car, I will only "mod" things when they break, if Nissan wont fix it under warranty :D

Lets see how long you can hold off on a replacement exhaust :)

I managed nearly 12 months but having recently added a Cobra, regret not having done it earlier. Really transforms the car, although as you have said, makes you fall in love with the car all over again.

My 370Z is white too and reckon that my next mod will be a black wrapped roof - will see if I can wait another 12 months for that.

Ah, gotcha.

I guess there is always that risk, but I'd also be tempted to document the wrap removal so you can then go back and have words with the wrapper. Again though, this is why paying for a decent place to do it is worth the extra.

Ah, gotcha.

I guess there is always that risk, but I'd also be tempted to document the wrap removal so you can then go back and have words with the wrapper. Again though, this is why paying for a decent place to do it is worth the extra.

Unfortunately they can always just dodge you:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/291922-think-before-you-wrap.html

Horrendous story.

That said, I was more referring to knife cuts rather than paint removal. I remember when I pulled a regular sticker off my old Zed it took the paint with it, much less an entire wrap! But then I've since attached loads of stickers using worse quality vinyl than a wrap to many cars, and lifted it off over a year later with no issues at all (did get a bit twitchy taking the stripes off the Porker though...!).

But yeah, always a risk. I'd be comfy going after someone if they bodged the original wrap though.

• 2 weeks later...