Destroying my zed

Jay.1r

I don't get is why guys like Luke above slams the kit without knowing much about it,I mean not having a go at you bud but this:

- When i was 16/17 i had a Peugeot 106, i put a wide arch dimma kit on it. then spent silly money on wheels/tyres/suspension etc etc etc.

if i could do my time again i would have just bought a standard better car.

it wont make it go faster. = that is not the point of having a bodykit on

- yes, but as the saying goes 'all show, no go'. Would personally have something that increased performance.

it will be a pain in the ass. = is that even a reason?=

- parking, leaving it unattended - it will become a headache as youll be concerned that it will be damaged.

youll spend more money on wheels to make it sit right. =yes you will need the right wheels but that is never money lost as custom wheels are keeping a good value=l

- Wheels/tyres loose money. I had a set of mint condition 19" wheels that were over a grand, not including tyres. i think they sold for approx £500.

the bodykit will crack and either then look awful or again have to spend money putting it right. = why would the bodykit crack if it is done right? =

- as soon as someone opens their door and cracks it/catches it in a car park (i assume the bodykit is fibreglass unless you're spending silly money on plastic/metal rear quarters?) then it will need to be repaired or it will just look awful. unlike normal bumpers/rear quarters that are plastic or metal and doors / other cars will 'bump' off.

honestly why people are just being so negative if they don't like something...just let it go

as for your Zed,I am thinking why not...always cool to see something different being done and if you need any insight on doing it I can share with you details I know from doing mine,although I am still working on it :)

And they look f***ing awful as well.

Actually, I love the RWB stuff. It works on older cars, not on new ones. New ones look chav, old ones look fresh.

All in your opinion of course.

Different strokes for different folks

I don't understand how the same terrible body kit bolted onto 20 different cars is popular. A couple of years ago you'd be slated for using universal parts, now it's the thing to do. At least those awful Veilside kits were designed for a 350z from the get go, not just a universal bodykit adapted to fit one.

Apologies for the late response, reading this has put me off, and maybe it was just the change that I wanted, not thinking of the consequences, better realising now than after though!

To the question earlier the side skirts are the vizaje I think their called? Can't remember now!

I don't think il be supercharging it at the moment it's running on nitrous so that's keeping me happy enough!

Thanks to all for the input though, brilliant response!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I dont get why people are being shot down for giving opinions on a thread asking for opinions TBH ........ :dry:

Ive been in the modding scene for an awfully long time now, and have done a couple of major projects myself and unless you are 150% committed to making your car look like a proper RB then youre on a hiding to nothing IMO, its a lot of time and effort for something you will pretty quickly become familiar with.

I reckon well over 50% of big bodywork, engine swaps etc. projects get sold immediately as they are finished, thats got to tell you something ;)

In my experience youll need heavy modification on the v2 to make it work so youre probably better off looking at a RB bumper as well, what do you have in mind for wheels too?

At the end of the day its your money, so your choice but the days of modifying that heavily are definitely behind me, its a lot of money you arent going to see again .......

The bonnet is actually a custom wrap by apm using their own in house carbon style, I have to say, my spoiler is genuine carbon and bonnet wrapped, and it is extremely close, very impressed, I will be purchasing a real carbon bonnet when the funds allow.

You will be happy to know I'm solved on my route! I'm going to change the front end to the ams gt and sell my v2 for a little change, and on Monday I'm having shiftys (mikes) work xsa 04c wheels and titanium exhaust system in a cash swap for my Invidia and volks, both very happy with it!