Destroying my zed

Jay.1r

The time has come I think the car is set to go under the knife, well cutting disc, as I prepare to go rocket bunny in the near future, a quick question for the forum members though, do I keep the v2 front and just go for the arches to be a little different, or do I follow it through with the rocket bunny front?

Or the other end, am I ruining the car cutting into it?

I personally do like the kit, but am very worried if I change my mind, there's no coming back!

post-22852-0-23998500-1491724972_thumb.jpg

post-22852-0-65726000-1491725013_thumb.jpg

it looks awful imo.

it wont make it go faster.

it will be a pain in the ass.

youll spend more money on wheels to make it sit right.

the bodykit will crack and either then look awful or again have to spend money putting it right.

im assuming everything in total will be about 10k? (inc sus/wheels/kit/paint/labour etc etc etc)

just put it towards a better standard car.

I say go for it, but that's only for selfish reasons as it's interesting to see people trying such things.

As the guys above said, it's a huge job to do it right. Do it wrong and it will look like a heap, and you'll have ruined a good car. Your choice if you have the cash to blow on it :)

Regarding the front bumper, I'm not sure the Nismo front will go well with the RB arches.

I think your car already looks better than rocket bunny cars. I'm just not a fan of rivets.

If you go for it though, dibs on your rear bumper (seriously, I'll find a way to ship it over, don't worry about that. :))

Edited by Aashenfox

Seems a big shame to alter your car that looks so good now. I think you should get a standard one to rocket bunny rather than ripping apart one that is so well sorted. Mine is standard if you want to swap 😜

• Like 2

Seems a big shame to alter your car that looks so good now. I think you should get a standard one to rocket bunny rather than ripping apart one that is so well sorted. Mine is standard if you want to swap 😜

+1 much better idea than hacking up a very nice example :)

• Like 1

Go Stardast flares... Too many bunnies in progress at present. :)

Only issue is that no one has made copys of it yet, so you have to buy original $$$.

But I agree with above the car looks good at the moment, suits the colour well.

Edited by evilscorp

it wont make it go faster.

it will be a pain in the ass.

youll spend more money on wheels to make it sit right.

the bodykit will crack and either then look awful or again have to spend money putting it right.

im assuming everything in total will be about 10k? (inc sus/wheels/kit/paint/labour etc etc etc)

just put it towards a better standard car.

This imho.

As Luke says just put the money towards a better standard car, ....or maybe go FI with the Zed instead. B):D

Jay you car does look great as it is but I do get it when you are considering a change,what I don't get is why guys like Luke above slams the kit without knowing much about it,I mean not having a go at you bud but this:

it wont make it go faster. = that is not the point of having a bodykit on=

it will be a pain in the ass. = is that even a reason?=

youll spend more money on wheels to make it sit right. =yes you will need the right wheels but that is never money lost as custom wheels are keeping a good value=

the bodykit will crack and either then look awful or again have to spend money putting it right. = why would the bodykit crack if it is done right? =

honestly why people are just being so negative if they don't like something...just let it go

as for your Zed,I am thinking why not...always cool to see something different being done and if you need any insight on doing it I can share with you details I know from doing mine,although I am still working on it :)

Edited by valy

Please don't touch your car: It's absolutely spot-on as it is. Genuinely love it.

All these RB/SD kits are going to look really cheap and nasty (more so than now) in a couple of years. They're a fashion fad, like Veilside, and nobody wants those these days either.

• Like 2

Personally I don't like the rocket bunny kits but other kits modified with the rocket bunny arches (when done professionally look great) this is just however my opinion.

I find that rocket bunny kits on any car are marmite. You either love it or hate it. Its good to get opinions of others but unless you are looking to specifically please other people then just go with your gut. If you like it and will look back at it everytime you park up and think 'I love it' then does it really matter what us lot think?

If you do go rocket bunny are you going rocket bunny spoiler aswell?? If so then can I pretty please have first dibs on your current V2 rear spoiler? as I have been after one of these for quite sometime now!

Edited by Erni902

Jay you car does look great as it is but I do get it when you are considering a change,what I don't get is why guys like Luke above slams the kit without knowing much about it,I mean not having a go at you bud but this:

No offence intended but he's entitled to his opinion just like you. :thumbs:

Jay asked for peoples opinions and Luke just gave his as have you. Personally I have nothing against it either way but I do agree with some of Lukes points as imho Jay's Zed already looks really good so I'd be spending the cash on performance. ;)

• Like 1

No offence intended but he's entitled to his opinion just like you. :thumbs:

definitely GM

that's why is on a public forum :)

but I think the reasons are irrelevant...at least if they were some solid reasons like

- you are going to cut the car and that is not easy to sort if you don't like it afterwards ...etc

I'm with (most) of the others - to cut your car up would be tragic.

Why not find someone with a lesser / unmodified car to swap your nice car with and take money your way. Then modify that blank canvas if you want to start again? :)