Traction control switch

Terence Bower

Silly question but as I have mislaid my drivers handbook!!

When switched off,so the dash warning light comes on as it should.Now yesterday,had to remove the rigth hand front caliper for servicing,during the time it was off I switched the ignition on but did not touch the tc switch but the warning light plus the other sliding car lamp came on.This surprised me as I have never seen it before.

I assume it to be something to do with the brake circuit being broken,is this so?Everthing back to normal now its all together again.Should both of those lights come on when the tc switch is switched off?

Thanks in advance.

I had a very similar issue when I replaced my brake lines. Got to the drivers rear line and snapped it at the union as it had seized. Wasnt overly bothed as I knew I could get it trailered down to the shop. Obviously I had no brakes due to the snapped line, but thought I could at least move it on the drive. Nope

Not sure exactly what it was, but the car sensed the lack of brake fluid, threw up both warning lights that you have and locked the differential meaning the car, even under its own power wouldnt move. It was like the handbrake was on.

Im not sure how related both of these are, but thought I'd offer my input. Did you disconnect the lines?