Tired Tyres! Got some quotes...

reeceybeaney

On 4/8/2017 at 11:31, reeceybeaney said:

MPSS4's £567

I know MPSS seem to be an all round favourite but are they really £200 better than avons?!

Spot the difference :) 

I ran MPSS (Super Sports) on my previous 350z, incl fitting a brand new set, and they're amazing!  They do, however, have a habit of delaminating towards the end of their life (around 3mm; happened to mine & there're several other posts about it, but I'm sure it doesn't happen to everyone & yes, alignment/geometry is important!).  

Prices for MPSS have risen considerably in the last year, as they're being phased out for MPS4S (Pilot Sport 4 S, for 19inch & above) MPSS now retailing around £100 above the price of a full set of MPS4, Pilot Sport 4. 

I've just fitted a set of MPS4 (can't use the plural, due to the new nomenclature!), they're brilliant!  I figured Michelin have significantly moved the tyre game on since the far inferior MPS3 & the amazing MPSS were introduced six years ago.  They'll probably be a bit better in the rain & winter and reasons as above.  Had complete confidence in the driving rain earlier today.

If you do a fair amount of track work, then MPSS (or MPS4S, if you have 19s & above) would be beneficial, esp in the dry.

If you want the ultimate road tyre, MPS4 seems the new default choice :thumbs:   

• 2 months later...
On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:59, Strudul said:

Check out the Falken FK510s, they have similar performance to MPSS, but are much cheaper. Lacking a bit in dry performance, but that's less of a concern for a daily.

I've just been speaking to a chap at Demon Tweeks as I need new tyres for the new JR6 wheels i've just bought from @Tarmac@TarmacSportz. I said everyone raves about the MPSS and he agreed they were fantastic tyres but said if I wasn't going to be tracking the car it might be worth using these instead as they are still a really good tyre and about half the price of MPSS.

I've got to get the new wheels test fitted by them first but think i'll be going with these instead as I won't be seeing a track in this car..............Not this year anyway ;)

Price wise - the FK510'S were £520 & the MPSS £900 (Fitted).

Edited by m4nn13