370Z exhaust - Grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Ponsonby

My Cobra exhaust was delivered today (thanks Cougar Store) and is now fitted.

Sounds absolutely lovely and being from Cheshire I am grinning like the proverbial Cat.

Was slightly concerened before picking it up in case it was too loud for sneaking away from the house in the morning but it is just fine. Not at all loud until you start piling on the revs or accelerate moderate to hard.

Don't know why Nissan didn't put a decent sounding system on in the first place - you want this type of car to sound good not like an asthmatic washing machine.

I went for the half system which is plenty loud enough for me - gives a nice deep, sporty tone without being over the top.

• Like 3

Asthmatic washing machine 😂

I'm considering a cobra system. What is it like on the motorway? I do a lot of motorway miles and not sure I could hack a constant drone!

Also have you gone for the y-pipe?

Obviously it is not totally silent at cruising speeds but no more intrusive than the tyre roar - and I have the GT Edition which is better insulated, allegedly.

I have the 7 speed Auto so in 7th at 70mph the revs are quite low, just over 2000rpm so below the point where the exhaust really comes on song.

I don't have the Y-pipe, went for the half system.

The 370 exhaust from Cobra does not have resonators in the mid pipes but Cobra told me that they have a larger rear box to compensate. It really does sound sweet. They don't offer tip options but the ones supplied are virtually identical to the standard tips, but larger of course, and fit perfectly.

Buy from a Trader on this forum, much cheaper than from Cobra direct.

• Like 1