My bad evening

galgazza

After reading about Dan not being able to go to the toilet (hope your feeling better Dan), I am having the opposite problem.

Have a full colonoscopy tomorrow which is never nice but the worst think for me is drinking 2 litres of this foul tasting laxative drink that you have to have the night before. Disgusting!!

Won't be venturing far from the toilet tonight.

• Like 1

Yes I had to drink that stuff, for most of the day had a smile on my face as it was doing nothing, then just before bedtime is was like all the hounds of hell had been let lose...... I have never experienced anything like it, and never want to again......thats why they tell you NOT to leave the house once you drink it!!!!

• Like 1

This doesn't sound fun, I hope all goes well mate :)

However, this instantly reminded me of this thread from years ago! Absolutely genius! The guy Blu-Tone recalls his visit to the doctors, and the fluids needed prior.

I read this at work the first time, there were tears! (Also now re-reading it for amusement)

http://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/

• Like 1

This doesn't sound fun, I hope all goes well mate :)

However, this instantly reminded me of this thread from years ago! Absolutely genius! The guy Blu-Tone recalls his visit to the doctors, and the fluids needed prior.

I read this at work the first time, there were tears! (Also now re-reading it for amusement)

http://singletrackwo...thread-returns/

Was going to post this :lol:

Up there with the Jolly Rancher story ;)

I must say it's good for fitness as I can now do the stairs in under 2 seconds

Relevant joke:

Jennifer a manager at Wal-Mart had the task of hiring someone to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of 20 resumes she found four people who were equally qualified Jennifer decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine which of them would get the job.

The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table, Jennifer asked, 'What is the fastest thing you know of?'

The first man replied, 'A THOUGHT'. It just pops into your head. There's no warning. 'That's very good!' replied Jennifer.

'And, now you sir?', she asked the second man. 'Hmmm ... let me see 'A blink'! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened ... A BLINK is the fastest thing I know of.' 'Excellent!' said Jennifer. 'The blink of an eye, that's a very popular cliche for speed.'

She then turned to the third man, who was contemplating his reply. 'Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light on the barn comes on in less than an instant. 'yes, turning on a light is the fastest thing I can think of.'

Jennifer was very impressed with the third answer and thought she had found her man. 'It's hard to beat the speed of light,' she said.

Turning to Louie, the fourth and final man, Jennifer posed the same question. Old Louie replied, 'After hearing the previous three answers, it's obvious to me that the fastest thing known is diarrhoea.' 'WHAT!?' said Jennifer, stunned by the response...

'Oh sure', said Louie. 'You see, the other day I wasn't feeling so good, and I ran for the bathroom, but before I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON THE LIGHT, I had already @*!# my pants.'

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Thanks Granville, we all go through it.. mans middle age stand against cancer. Better to have these thinks checked out and if we can all add a bit of fun it helps with proceedings. Scanning, screening, tests, it's the only way forward.

Thanks again everyone, all went okay but they found and removed one polyp.

Unfortunately this means that I have to go through it all again in a years time, until I get the full all clear.

Great work by all the nurses & doctors as usual.

Ha ha, yes thanks Dan. One the bright side I am off tomorrow and the sun is meant to be shining, so 24hrs after sedation I can drop the roof on the roadster and go for a nice spin in the country. Every cloud eh !!

• Like 1