Friendly 350z owners

Exec

Yesterday I was giving my brother a lift, we agreed to go go-karting and I said I would drive. Lovely Sunday morning, I had my baffles out of the Japspeed K1 exhaust for a change and we were burbling along nicely.

I see a 350z coming the other way, gunmetal grey the same colour as mine. He notices me and flashes his lights and waves as we pass each other.

My brother looks bemused and says 'do you know that guy'? I reply 'nope, but he's driving a 350z'

To which my brother responds 'I'v never had anyone wave at me for driving the same car' to which I tell him he should buy a zed! haha

I love the zed community. Everyone is so friendly!

Then I set the best lap out of the four people who were racing on the indoor go kart track. Brilliant day.

• Like 3

90% get a wave or a flash when I pass any jap car!

Your arm must get tired waving every Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Suzuki, and Daihatsu...

Must be every 5 or so cars :lol:

Hahah I'm not talking about your Honda Jazz's and Quashqai's 😂 I'm talking about tuned/Modified jap cars like your supras, skylines, R35's, evo's, Impreza etc ☺ï¸

But I'm pretty sure you already knew that's what I meant 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What do you think the criteria are?

Truckers do it, bus drivers do it, bikers do it, walkers do it, Zedders do it...

Who else and why?

S2000 owners generally wave. By the way, I awlays give thumbs up to any 'special' car, especially other Japs. S2000s, Evos, Zeds, Supras, but not scoobys which are chavmobiles (I jest, but we all know what I mean). :lol:

You may remember I've said that I never see any other Zs over here, only ONE since September. Well, on Sunday I saw 2 on the way back from a playcentre with the kids, unfortunately, I was driving the wife's XC60. :(

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

I generally flash/wave at another Zed, sometimes get an response, sometimes not....I get the oddest looks when i'm out in the other car and i flash a Zed...they must think i'm some kind of loon.

(note to self.....put that second OC sticker in the Jag!!)

• Like 2

Hit or miss with Zeds (50 and 70), most wave or nod, some don't even notice.

As above, I think folks in other Jap cars who appreciate nice motors will wave. Got a thumbs up from a guy in a cool MX5 the other as we we're gently cruising along a dual carriage way. TBH, I do the same if a nice car comes past me and give them a thumbs up :)

I've had a few blank faces but i tend to just turn my wave into a head scratch or a random check of a mark on my windscreen. It makes me feel less rejected.

I don't tend to pass too many round my way. Few 370's but i tend not to commit with those guys. It's a bit like pretending you've not seen Facebook friends when you pass them in the street.

• Like 2

Yet to have a 350 not return a wave / flash unless we didn't see each other until it was too late.

Haven't had to resort to it yet, but my waves are usually just a couple of raised fingers, so very easy to turn into a casual steering wheel drum solo.

Yet to have a 350 not return a wave / flash unless we didn't see each other until it was too late.

Haven't had to resort to it yet, but my waves are usually just a couple of raised fingers, so very easy to turn into a casual steering wheel drum solo.

Flicking a couple of fingers at people is not usually classified as being polite ;)