Black Revup

Jay84

Ok so I'm starting a build thread, which I never thought Id do. Ive had the Zed since end of January and fully intended to keep it standard as it will be used for road trips and overnight stays with the wife. When I bought her I had a choice of 2, one high miles with FSH and in black, and a lower mileage silver with part history, sub not working but a powerflow back box. I went with the higher mileage one with FSH from Nissan then Japex.

15622097_10154394620359234_7510972608115763892_n.jpg?oh=909dcf21e15d01847d777644cef99af7&oe=596836F3

15665818_10154403066729234_1702178930832347209_n.jpg?oh=360e2eacd1043fd9df7cf52c01ac506e&oe=59505EEC

I made a great choice, First thing I did was lift it up at work and check the underside. Not a spot of corrosion anywhere except a mildly blowing back box.

17498511_10154669177654234_8876333865506518144_n.jpg?oh=9abb16b8ea939420d4e22dbda2efd1e1&oe=594D52B4

Spent the morning of a quiet day undersealing her. Also checked the rear arches and not a spot of the red plague anywhere. Gave them a clean and a seal too.

In terms of mods, so far I have installed a k&n panel filter, plenum spacer and the all important stubby ariel.

It turns out i live right next to tarmac sportz (ish), which is dangerous. Next on the agenda will be HFC's, a remap, a front splitter and an aftermarket stereo. I'm not going to go for the full system as the wife shouts at me a lot normally, let alone with a loud exhaust. I dont intend to change the wheels, but may get a set of spaces. I also want less colours with the black so am going to sort the front reflectors and door handles. I may get a nismo spoiler for the back, but as its been less than 3 months I should slow down a bit....................nah, watch this space.

Next bit is to replace my broken rear Z. Replacing all of them with black whilst I'm at it which is my task for tomorrow in a quiet 15 mins at work. Will do before and after photos. Also rear to secure my o/s/f arch lining since my drive has helped pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I got hold of some kinetix cats and fitted (well the aprentice fitted)them today at work. The whole system was standard and I didn't want excess noise mainly do I didn't have to tell the wife. The car feels nice and responsive and with the standard system sounds a bit sportier but not intrusive. She's been in it and couldn't tell, perfect. Next on performance is a remap.

In other visual news the stealth look will be updated when zippypoos returns my newly wrapped front reflectors. I think I'm going to tint my reverse/fog/repeater units too.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've upset the wife with this one. I accidentally bought a front splitter and rear spats from tarmac sportz...and the rear spoiler that Ashenfox likes to plug off ebay. Its my birthday in June was going to sort it then. Fortunately they'll all be delivered to work so she might not realise about the splitter and spats, and my birthday present can be getting the wing sprayed and fitted. Might get the bird muck burns sorted on the bonnet too.

I think I've upset the wife with this one. I accidentally bought a front splitter and rear spats from tarmac sportz...

Lol I know that feeling but my wife still hasn't noticed the ARK exhaust system on mine despite the tips being burnt titanium, ignorance is bliss you should try it. :lol:

Can you make the East Mids meet on Saturday for some proper pics of your car at least? :stir:

No I've had cancel, I still need an assistant manager, and until I have one my days off are hard to come by. One bloke applied but didn't show for 2 interviews. I've been thinking about organise a meet at the coopers arms just outside derby one evening, they have quite a lot of car clubs there.

• 2 weeks later...

The front splitter got delivered to work last week, after a quick test fit i was happy. I considered getting it sprayed to match, but we have a vinyl wrapping place that has done work on the apprentices ds3, they quoted me 70 quid which i thought seemed reasonable. Had the car in work saturday just gone and with a bit of quiet time not a) dealing with customers, and B) watching round 2 of the BDC I got it fitted. Got to say I love it, and it ties the front end together nicely. Thanks to strategic parking, my wife doesn't know yet. My rear spoiler has also arrived, but that wont be sprayed and fitted until the end of June.

Anyway, enough rambling, here is a picture.

20170514_205054.jpg

Edited by Jay84
  • Like 2

Yeah I have been thinking that, esp since it just collects polish and leaves white residue. Weather depending it'll be bathed saturday so i'll remove that at the same time and take new photos.

Number plate plinth removed, happy days. Was going to wash and polish, just soaped her up and a tropical storm hit, so no pictures yet. Before it started raining I went to sort my boot opening. Step one was to adjust the latch mechanism. I stripped my trim down, and found that the latch mechanism bolts weren't even tight. Positioned it up nice, tightened it up...no difference. Step 2 was to adjust the boot stops. It was here I discovered my n/s boot stop is missing. So rather than do anything to the o/s one alone, I figure I'll replace the missing one first to see if it makes a difference. A quick pm to zman and jon at emperor and now to wait...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so the spoiler is away for paint, and booked to be fitted 10th July. Sprayed and fitted for £120 barring any quality issues with the spoiler. I still need to get her remapped to make the most of my other mods, and I keep looking at the wheels and decided I need spacers (need not want:lol:) . Will post pics as soon as car is back. 

I did it myself and I'm pretty useless:lol:. There are some instructions on here though I followed, which helps. Its not perfect but that's my bad fitment rather the the part. Because of the indentations on the facelift bumper, ideally you need to put a screw in place to hold it securely while the tiger seal goes off. In my case, I used 2 on each side, bu they're black screws so don't stand out. Some people paint the screw so it blends in a bit more, I may do the same. My biggest regret is having it wrapped instead of painted as the shape isn't great for wrapping.