Black Revup

Jay84

• 1 month later...

I've been toying with tinting my headlights for a while now and seeing @davey_83 with his is making me more inclined to do it. The problem is I'm torn between a light smoke, or light purple. There is a lot of black ok the car already and smoked might be over kill. I'm also considering getting some interior trim hydro dipped/wrapped in either a chrome purple or a purple carbon fibre type colour and purple lights might tie the interior and exterior together nicely. Thoughts on headlights would be appreciated and taken on board. Here is a recent pic to help judge. 

20180506_075754.jpg

• 4 months later...

Headlights are tinted, I'm happy with the result, but fear I may have just painted a target for the police on my car. I've been told they should fade a little and become more transparent. Fortunately it's not my daily.

20190306_175704.jpg

20190306_180447.jpg

20190306_180410.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks in, and despite seeing more police than I usually do and even having to over take one doing 40 in a 50, I've so far been left alone. So I decided to wrap some interior bits too. I need to sort my driver's seat now as that looks a little worn. 

20190321_130035.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've not updated in a little while, but I've done a couple of restorative bits, and replaced my fan shroud with moshimoto fans. I noticed before I put the car away for winter that with the ac on only the n/s fan was spinning. When high speed was needed both fans engaged, but I couldn't live with the idea that i was driving a ticking time bomb of future failure. The fitment went well aided by the fact I run a garage and I was able to use a ramp for a bit. While it was in the air I replaced my indicators with led units. In terms of the restoration, my seats,  especially the drivers, after 130k miles, looked a little worn. I found a leather repair kit online, combined with some interior detailing products created a great improvement. I have some leather restoring soap that I am slowly getting the seats back to a less dried or look with.

20190418_172447.jpg

20190418_174534.jpg

20190419_094855.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Looks really tidy mate. Nice mods.

7 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

Looking good Jay. :thumbs:

Cheers guys. The headlights are devisive, but have a definite 'look at me' effect. Need to get some kind of side skirt, and I noticed a bit of brake fade after a spirited drive with a guy in an m2, so have ordered EBC discs and yellow stuff pads. Not in a huge hurry to fit as I don't drive on track or anything, but I just know it'll bug me. 

• 11 months later...

Well, disappointingly I've had to sell the zed. I had to make house modifications and the zed was the quickest way to free up funds (being a grown up is rubbish). But just before I sold it, we appeared in a music video for a band called fury.  Here's the link. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1